Not Detecting Files From File Manager

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

mattiman18

Not Detecting Files From File Manager

Post by mattiman18 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:21 pm

For the past week or so I've been importing songs from my files using the folders section. However, all of the sudden it stopped working. Does anyone know why this happened and how to make it go back to normal?

Lowlander

Re: Not Detecting Files From File Manager

Post by Lowlander » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Which version of MediaMonkey? Do you have the correct folders and File Types selected to be scanned?

Use the Entire Library > Location node in the Media Tree (enable under File > Manage Collections) to verify that the files really aren't in the Library.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

mattiman18

Post by mattiman18 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am using it on mobile and I'm not sure if the things you said are in that version. I am going to try posting on the forum for Media Monkey for Android.

mattiman18

"Folders" section stopped recognizing new songs that I had downloaded

Post by mattiman18 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:05 pm

When I click "folders" it gives me two options. One is Internal Shared Storage, but listed under "Library" and the other is Internal Shared Storage listed under "Files. " The Library one is where I've been importing from, as it gets it from the folder for an app called Video Downloader that I use. That is where the issue is. All of the sudden it stopped registering that videos I had converted into m4a were there. All the old ones were there, but not the new ones that I had just done. They're not showing up in the "Tracks" section either. I tried finding them in the internal shared storage under "Files," and I did (as I knew I would because they show up in my File Manager), but when I can't play them. When I try adding them to my playlist, the app crashes. If anyone's wondering, I payed so that I could have unlimited access to the "Folders" section.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 pm

If Folders doesn't see it, it tends to indicate that the File Format isn't natively supported by the device. This can be because the Audio or Video Codec changed (even when extension didn't) or that the bitrates aren't supported. Are you able to see a difference between the files (MediaInfo on Windows can help with this)?

mattiman18

Post by mattiman18 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:27 pm

How do I tell if the audio codec has changed and if it has, how do I fix it. Also, according to File Manager, the files are stored in the same place and have the same extension. I don't see much of a difference, but I might not know what I'm doing. Thanks for all your help by the way.

Peke

Post by Peke » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:36 am

Hi,
If you use any other Device file manager and try to play file it should list MMA. Can you please tell us what happen if you select MMA as player? eg. does it crash or play track?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:33 am

Like I said, MediaInfo on Windows can do this. I'm not aware of any App on Android that can provide this level of detail.

mattiman18

Post by mattiman18 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:05 pm

Replying to Peke:
When I try playing it with MediaMonkey from my files, it opens it in MediaMonkey and does indeed play it, but it displays the title as a 5 digit number going up from 44284 (which is the number for the first song that stopped working). Also, I can't do anything but click on properties, and all of them are grayed out. If I go to Folders in MMA and go to the Internal shared storage liste under Files and try playing it from there, it won't let me play them because it says the file name contains invalid characters. If I select them and try to add them to a playlist, the app crashes. If there is no easier solution I will try what Lowlander said, but I'd prefer not to, as wouldn't I have to transfer the files from my phone to the computer? Also, I'd have to learn how to use MediaInfo.

mattiman18

Post by mattiman18 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Replying to Lowlander:
I just found out that MediaInfo is also on mobile (Android at least). Would this work, as you were stating that I should use MediaInfo more Windows?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:52 pm

Never used it, but you can try. Of interest is a difference of Audio or Video codec between files that work and those that don't, but other differences could be a problem too. As you mention an error with invalid characters it may be a problem of filenames or tags in the file.

mattiman18

Post by mattiman18 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:25 pm

I downloaded the app, and there don't seem to be any differences other than the obvious ones like the title, date, and duration as well as a few others that should obviously be different. However, I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for and I may be missing something. The things that mention codecs are Format/Info and Codec ID. The Format/Info always says Advanced Audio Codec. The Codec ID says mp4a-40-2.

Peke

Post by Peke » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 pm

mattiman18 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:05 pm
Replying to Peke:
When I try playing it with MediaMonkey from my files, it opens it in MediaMonkey and does indeed play it, but it displays the title as a 5 digit number going up from 44284 (which is the number for the first song that stopped working). Also, I can't do anything but click on properties, and all of them are grayed out. If I go to Folders in MMA and go to the Internal shared storage liste under Files and try playing it from there, it won't let me play them because it says the file name contains invalid characters. If I select them and try to add them to a playlist, the app crashes. If there is no easier solution I will try what Lowlander said, but I'd prefer not to, as wouldn't I have to transfer the files from my phone to the computer? Also, I'd have to learn how to use MediaInfo.
Can you please post screenshot of file properties dialog and send us debug log using ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Debug log and write down log id here before sending.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

mattiman18

Post by mattiman18 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Okay, so something really weird happened. All of the sudden it started working again, sort of. The files that weren't working were all music from a certain game. When I finished downloading that batch of songs, the next batch (from another game started working again). I tried going back to the ones that weren't working and re-downloading them, but they still don't work. I've been comparing them in MediaInfo as Lowlander suggested, but there are still no differences. I will still do what you said because I want all of them to work. The log ID is LSWHEASY9H.

mattiman18

Post by mattiman18 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:11 pm

I followed what the forum's directions were to post a screenshot but it is not letting me post it says that you are valves from an external domain are not supported or something like that and to remove the goo,gl part (the image is on Google photos and I wrote it goo,gl instead of with a period because it wouldn't even let me post it like that ). I even tried posting the URL not in image form but it still wouldn't let me post it.

If I try I going to folders and click the internal shared storage under files and try opening it from there, MediaMonkey crashes when I try showing the properties.