Available COM interface

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderator: jiri

Available COM interface

Postby PetrCBR » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:11 am

These COM commands/events will be implemented in MM5 next build (2061) :
    SDBApplication Events
    NotifyFinish, CallDeviceFileCopiedEvent, CallDeviceSyncCompletedEvent, CallDeviceSyncStartedEvent, CallDownloadFinishedEvent, CallPartyModeEnabledEvent, DoAppIdle, DoBeforeTracksMove, DoFilterChange, DoNowPlayingModified, DoNowPlayingSelectionChanged, DoOptionsChange, DoPlaybackCompleteEnd, DoPlaybackEnd, DoPlaybackSeeked, DoPlaylistAdded, DoPlaylistChanged, DoPlaylistRemoved, DoRepeatClicked, DoSelectionChanged, DoShuffleClicked, DoTrackAdded, DoTrackConverted, DoTrackDeleting, DoTrackDoubleClick, DoTrackEnd, DoTrackListFilled, DoTrackListFilling, DoTrackListModified, DoTrackListSelectionChanged, DoTrackPlaybackPaused, DoTrackPlaybackStarted, DoTrackPlaybackStopped, DoTrackPropertiesEvent
    SDBApplication
    VersionString, VersionHigh, VersionLo, VersionRelease, Localize, LocalizeGen, toASCII, IsRunning, ApplicationPath, MyMusicPath, EqualizerPath, IconsPath, PluginsPath, ScriptsPath, SkinsPath, Format, LocalizedFormat, runJSCode
    SDBApplication.Player
    CurrentPlaylist, CurrentSong, CurrentSongIndex, Panning, Volume, PlaylistClear, Next, Pause, Previous, Stop, isPlaying, isPaused, CurrentSongLength, PlaybackTime, isAutoDJ, isRepeat, isShuffle, isCrossfade, isStartingPlayback, PlaylistSelected, PlaylistFocused, StopAfterCurrent
    SDBApplication.Database
    ExecSQL, OpenSQL (returns result as JSON string), BeginTransaction (since 2066), Commit (since 2066), ForceCommit (since 2066)

Last edited by PetrCBR on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PetrCBR

Re: Available COM interface

Postby TIV73 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:14 pm

I just installed build 2061 and tried to import the mediamonkey com object in visual studio, but could only find a reference to the object of version 4. I suppose this makes sense as it's only a portable installation, so the needed assemblies probably aren't registered. Do you know if there is any way to get the needed reference or some way to manually register the new MM5 interface in order to be able to use it in .net applications?

Besides, since MM5 seems to focus on cross-platform compatibility - is com the recommended interface for external applications/scripts or should we be using something else entirely?
TIV73

Postby PetrCBR » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:14 am

You can register using REGCOMSERVER command line parameter. JavaScript/HTML scripting is highly recommended.
PetrCBR

Postby Barry4679 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:41 pm

PetrCBR wrote:These COM commands/events will be implemented in MM5 next build (2061) :
    SDBApplication.Database
    ExecSQL, OpenSQL (returns result as JSON string)

Are you also going to do BeginTransaction and Commit?
Barry4679

Postby PetrCBR » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:46 am

Will implement them.
PetrCBR

Postby pgrimmer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 am

I am very confused. I recently decided to write some scripts (actually using COM within Visual Basic 6 and VBA inside of Excel) and I see that MM5 is not going to use COM any more. I think that's not a smart move but that's not the basis of this post.

IN the first post of this thread it says "These COM commands/events will be implemented in MM5 next build (2061)".

My confusion is that this is in the MM5 developer forum but it is talking about new COM commands and events but the other posts I read say that COM is not part of MM5. So is COM/ActiveX part of MM5 or not? Thanks.
pgrimmer

Postby PetrCBR » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am

MM5 is moved to chromium so main scripting language is JavaScript. Some basic MM4 COM API is implemented, but we do not plan to implement complete COM API.
PetrCBR

Postby pgrimmer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 am

Thanks. Is there somewhere I can go to find out what COM is planned to be included and what is going to be excluded (at least v4 things that won't be available in v5)? Thanks.
pgrimmer

Postby PetrCBR » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:57 am

No we do not have such a list.
PetrCBR

Return to MediaMonkey 5 developer forum