Mediamonkey Gold Cost

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

boodles07

Mediamonkey Gold Cost

Post by boodles07 »

I paid $34.95 for the gold version and have impatiently waited for MM3. I like MM allot but I wish that I had the chance to buy at $20, $34.95 was too much and I am not happy with the pace of the updates, I guess I expected updates sooner for the money.....
Morten

Post by Morten »

Well, I understand that people are impatient for a new release. HOWEVER, there are many things which the team are now facing;

1) Compatibility between different OSes. (Vista is the big one)
2) Native support for new formats (m4a, m4p, wma etc.)
3) New DB-structure (causes the most problems)
4) Support for new devices.
5) New skinning module.

All of these things are major and isn't done in one night. I hope that users understand the amount of pressure, and that they're not the only one wanting a fast final 3.0 release. The developers want it too. The lifetime license you bought promises you Gold status for all coming builds of MediaMonkey. However, there isn't a promise on the cyclus on these updates. The team is working intensively making v3.0 into a final product, and you have not been 'screwed' by marketing.

The update will come. I hope for your sake you have time waiting for it.
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

The developers are doing their best to release updates quickly but it isn't easy.

There is a lot of bug fixing, updating and feature adding to do, and you will be happy to know that for paying the full $34.95 you have helped to make MM a better program.
bobbykeane

worth it

Post by bobbykeane »

I went ahead and got the Gold license as well - however, I am more than happy to pay that amount for the product we already have (2.5). MM is the ONLY bit of software I have found that meets my specific needs, and I've used dozens of similar products (Helium, iTunes, WinAmp, WMP, MusicMatch, et al). I rarely shell out money for software because usually you can find so much for free that you need... however, MM blew me away and I felt compelled to shell out the money. For as much time and effort as I have put (and will continue to put) into my music collection I feel good about supporting the project and think I've made a wise investment.
Sepherant

Post by Sepherant »

I went gold too and I'm very happy that i did. MM is the best audio manager out there and considering the last release was about 6 mos ago, I'm not too concerned.

Does anyone else update faster? No matter, I'm a MM user for life... unless they do something real sucky like what happened with Real jukebox back in the day.
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

6 months ago? I though 2.5.5.998 came out a lot more recently than that (or did I ignore it for a long time for some reason?)
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

itunes only updates when they bring out a new device and need to add support for it... they never update to bring new features that people want.

MM is bringing a rediculous amount of new features and bug squashes.
Not only that, they're posting alphas and posted alof of updates to 2.5.5 not so long agao... all accessible.

I think $34 is really cheap for a lifetime membership.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
helvogt

Post by helvogt »

DaledeSilva wrote:itunes only updates when they bring out a new device and need to add support for it... they never update to bring new features that people want.

Not only that, they're posting alphas and posted alof of updates to 2.5.5 not so long agao... all accessible.

Thats right!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

helvogt wrote:
DaledeSilva wrote:itunes only updates when they bring out a new device and need to add support for it... they never update to bring new features that people want.

Thats right!
Me too.

Mediamonkey was the best investment I've ever made for my music.
RTShaw

Post by RTShaw »

Teknojnky wrote:
helvogt wrote:

Thats right!
Me too.

Me Three.... Here Here.. Dynamite prog what ever the version no is...

Mediamonkey was the best investment I've ever made for my music.
--
I Am a Criminal created by the US Government
A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.
Shocker74

Post by Shocker74 »

Been using MM for a quite some time now, the free version. But a few days ago i bought the lifetime license. This is by far the best music program i've ever tested and thus, i wanted to show my appreciation by buying it, and also getting the "Gold" experience, for every version to come no less.

:D
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

I would also have to say that $35 is not a bad price at all for MM, it is one of the best purchases I have EVER made -- not even an understatement. Also, as others have said, at least MM is still updating -- a lot of programs make you pay and are barely even updating anymore