Amazing Winamp Toobar Control - Works With MM!!

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Amazing Winamp Toobar Control - Works With MM!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:28 pm

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1052475492/1

Simply the BEST addon I've ever seen for playback control, and it works flawlessly with MM; install it to the PLUGINS folder in MM, kill the EXPLORER service in Task Manager and then restart it, right click on the toolbar and select WinAmp - amazing amount of options.. :D

pah68

Post by pah68 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:39 pm

You have to kill the explorer service to get it to work :o :-? Surely it can't be that good.

I gave up waiting for the link to open the page :x

ninerays

Post by ninerays » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:53 am

I checked out the site - just a warning it is only a beta & has stability issues. I copied this from the site:

Reviewer: Polychronopolis Mar 3, 2004
Version: 1.0 RC2

Definitely crushes other 'control' plugins. Does have a stability problem.. Works pretty well with 5.01 (since other's are having problems, I won't update). Problem #1: The instability seems to appear after the bar has been running for a bit (and a few songs have played). Once you try to move the bar, explorer will crash and not come back automatically. On NT/2K/XP/2003(?), hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to get task manager. Select File, New Task, and run explorer to get your desktop back. Problem #2: The ID3 tag reading and tooltips seem to take a really long time and hangs explorer while updating the toolbars. Otherwise this is a great app probably shouldn't be running on Servers, especially in while it is still BETA!!

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:25 am

Well the kill explorer might have logic, just like with many apps you have to restart before the plugin works. Restarting Windows might be a more decent advise.

But this sounds more like an alpha version to me.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:24 am

Stop/restarting the EXPLORER.EXE task does the same thing as a reboot does for the 1-time installation of the plugin.. I've been using this for a couple of days now, with not a single problem... so I'd rate this "alpha" release as stable on my XP system.. and it has been great for controlling MM thus far.