Simplify Media with Media Monkey?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

vanmeterannie

Re: Simplify Media with Media Monkey?

Post by vanmeterannie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am

I posted this in the UPNP script thread but am asking here too since I'm not sure where the problem is I'm having; I can get Simplify to work outside Media Monkey by choosing a folder to share (I don't use iTunes or any of the other standard program options). I set it up for Winamp and copied the dll to the MM plug-ins folder, and installed the UPNP script. But when I load MM, I get a device-isn't-ready error. The UPNP listing shows up in the MM tree, but doesn't see Simplify Media (and it should, right?)...sorry for the ignorant questions, but I know nothing about either scripting or UPNP so I'm not quite clear if the problem is with my setup with MM, the script, or Simplify Media.

botijo

Post by botijo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:21 pm

vanmeterannie wrote:I posted this in the UPNP script thread but am asking here too since I'm not sure where the problem is I'm having; I can get Simplify to work outside Media Monkey by choosing a folder to share (I don't use iTunes or any of the other standard program options). I set it up for Winamp and copied the dll to the MM plug-ins folder, and installed the UPNP script. But when I load MM, I get a device-isn't-ready error. The UPNP listing shows up in the MM tree, but doesn't see Simplify Media (and it should, right?)...sorry for the ignorant questions, but I know nothing about either scripting or UPNP so I'm not quite clear if the problem is with my setup with MM, the script, or Simplify Media.
First thing that might go wrong: MediaMonkey supports plugins on WinAmp v2 architecture. Newer versions of the programming interface are NOT supported. Specially the ones that work with WinAmp database (version 2 did not have a Library function).
Apart from that, it could be the script. Unfortunately, I am not going to install Simplify on my computer as it installs Apple software for no good reason - and I do not like Apple software running on my Windows machine.
Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Fri May 21, 2010 9:32 am

As you may know, Google recently acquired Simplify Media and is prepping it to be released as part of Android 2.2.
http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/20/google ... ompetitor/

It started me thinking about how much I would love to connect it to my MediaMonkey for listening on my Android phone. I'm wondering if the newest Google version of Simplify Media will be a bit more open and friendly to the Monkey?
--
The gpzbc

huge

Post by huge » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:19 pm

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I can't find any more recent info (other than the fact that google has acquired Simplify Media, which gives me a feeling of foreboding). Is there any more recent news about getting MM to work with SM?