MM Integration with Logitech SqueezeBox Duet

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

jaybird

MM Integration with Logitech SqueezeBox Duet

Post by jaybird »

I am contemplating purchasing the Logitech SqueezeBox Duet. I like the "iPod like" remote and the flexibility to remotely control my music. However, after quickly reading the tech specs for this product, it seems that it uses its own proprietary media library.

I have a lot of time invested in my library, approx 1TB of music, all running flawlessly on MM. I love this product and was wondering if there are any plans to allow it to integrate with the SqeezeBox Duet?
parok

Re: MM Integration with Logitech SqueezeBox Duet

Post by parok »

I use MM with the Duet and it works fine. I store the album image in the album folder with the name 'cover' and the Duet picks it up when SqueezeCentre does a scan (this can be automated to happen once a day at a given time). The SqueezeCentre picks up any iTunes purchases and the cover art during the scan (I don't integrate the SqueezeCentre and iTunes). The only hassle is that any playlists created in MM have to be exported as m3u to the directory SueezeCentre uses.
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Thanks parok!

Is there a way to globally change cover art from "folder.jpg" to "cover.jpg"?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yes, Tools -> Options -> Library -> Tags and Playlists -> Image Filename.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Does the sync between Squeezecenter and MM happen in both directions? That is, if I play a song on squeezecenter, will MM add a play to the play count? Or likewise, if I am listening to a song on Squeezecenter and I decide to rate it with 4 stars, will MM be updated to reflect that?

I too am contemplating the jump to a squeezebox, but I hate the thought of using any other player for my music that is perfectly organized in MM.
Thanks
--
The gpzbc
aaconsumer

Post by aaconsumer »

I suggest to go w/the iPeng application on an iTouch or iPhone instead of the duet controller...if you have a iTouch/iPhone already then the cost is only $10 for the iPeng app. It is a more cost effective solution and better interface. However, to get it working you need to be a little technical and download the Net-UDAP program in order to program the receiver w/o the duet controller.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for the tip!
--
The gpzbc
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I was looking into getting the Squeezebox Radio with the rechargeable battery pack for taking into the garden.
If I get the ipeng app can I can control my library(amongst other things) using that?
Can you rate your music using that app and will the ratings show up in MM (is this possible)

The thing that has held me back so far is a remote that can change/add ratings to my MM library.
po4599

Post by po4599 »

Those listening to this thread should read the thread at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=32018

It discusses at length the issues with this type of integration, especially with maintaining two libraries (MM & SC) in a system.

Best of luck, but there is no integrated solution yet available.