Get MM working on Mac w/Crossover

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

renowden

Re: Get MM working on Mac w/Crossover

Post by renowden »

I can add a bit of information here - Don't override the Skins and try to use the Windows System theme. MM does not open again if you do that (and you cant get the options back to unset it).

Has anyone come up with a solution to the problem MaFt described (23 Mar 2010)? I don't get a plain white screen but the Welcome to MM intro and there seems to be no way to get the details view without the Album Art.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons
marv

Post by marv »

wow! I'd LOVE to get this working. But so far, no luck.

What versions are people using to make this work, and what kind of CX bottle? Also, anything else installed in same bottle with MM (aside from the audio codec exe) ?

I have Crossover 10.1.1, and MM 3.2.5.1306, in an XP bottle, on an MBPro running OSX 10.6.8. Audio codec installed in MM plugins folder as described in OP.

But, I can't get MM to launch even first time.

When I try to launch the system puts up an MM icon in the Mac dock, but never even gets to the MM splash screen. CPU chugs along for 3-4 minutes or so, and then Crossover seems to give up and the MM icon goes off.

If I look in the Crossover Task Manager during this attempted launch, I see a Mediamonkey process, and this process is re-assigned a new PID every second or two and runs through several hundred PIDs before giving up.

Any ideas?
renowden

Post by renowden »

Hi Marv - my bottle is still working but I don't use it (VMware Fusion is easier). It is MM 3.2.4.1304 With Crossover 10.1.1. As I said it only works with the default skin and it still has the other problems mentioned earlier i.e. the Show Details screen option is blank but Show Album Art With Details is fine. I've not tried upgrading to the latest MM on there nor scripts.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons