MM4: Ok, that's it?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: MM4: Ok, that's it?

Post by nohitter151 »

Onweerwolf wrote:Could someone explain to me what this means:
5215 Added [Playlist / Search] Implement sort by DATEAdded (not DateTimeAdded)
It avoids the problem described in this post:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... um#p244018
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

nohitter151 wrote:
Onweerwolf wrote:Could someone explain to me what this means:
5215 Added [Playlist / Search] Implement sort by DATEAdded (not DateTimeAdded)
It avoids the problem described in this post:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... um#p244018
Thnx! I'm not exactly sure if i understand this though.

Does it now sort by date first and then by album and tracknumber?

Meaning that if you use this sort on two songs from different albums that were added on the same day the song from the albumtitle that comes alphabetically first will appear before the other song even though you may have added the former at 7 am and the latter at 3 pm on that same day?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Basically the only change is as follows:

With sort order "Added" for an autoplaylist it will sort on both date and time. However, if you sort by "Added", then by "Album", it will ignore the time component so that the albums will be sorted correctly.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Aha! Thanks for explaining!
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

So... the only question I personally have is... any ETA when v4 will be released!? :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

ETA's are not given as they only serve to frustrate when passed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Falcon
Well there is Alpha version for those that are not patient. Although in some cases Alpha Release mostly means:
a) "Using Alpha is the way to learn how to be patient" (For me and with MM that never happened as I only need to remember where my 50k of tracks are gone after I started MM4 Alpha)
b) Backup and Backup of Backup and you will be safe. That means to be careful with New features and do not do bulk 30k track work at single click, but do few at the time unknown thing can still happen more often than in Stable release

All team members use nightly builds for several months now without Major issues and file loosing, but that is when 10 people use it internally and when it is publicly available on Internet than that is called Alpha (be warned).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gilesjp

Post by gilesjp »

The update to version four is great. Sure MM is ugly, nothing new about that. However, as far as getting things done like tagging,reporting and organizing its the best out here and sounds great. The video is a great addition and in my opinion makes it a better video organizer than music organizer. I have not seen the option to rip a dvd into the library yet. I hope that comes with the official release since I have hundreds of dvds in storage. I dumped a couple of hundred music videos into the library and the old scripts work just as well as ever on them so I doubt the script writers will have to do them over.

As the poster above mentioned the face lift will come some other time. As long as MM keeps ahead of the "pretty" programs in functionality it will be fine. But with competition like musicbee putting out video early this year as well, its going to be a great year for digital media organizers.
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

gilesjp wrote:The update to version four is great. Sure MM is ugly, nothing new about that. However, as far as getting things done like tagging,reporting and organizing its the best out here and sounds great...."
MM needs to become "prettier" because at some point in time, you will have no tagging or organizing left to do and only actually play your music. That's when being "pretty" will become important and changing to a "prettier" player will become an option for many MM users.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

lets not forget that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 8)

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rovingcowboy wrote:beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Yep.

I'm wondering about DVD ripping too, I would assume it won't be included as most DVD's would require DRM circumvention to be ripped which is a legal minefield.
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

Lowlander wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Yep.

I'm wondering about DVD ripping too, I would assume it won't be included as most DVD's would require DRM circumvention to be ripped which is a legal minefield.
Off course it is, but no matter what way you look, there are a lot of...hmmm "whining and complaining" about the looks of MM. It's no big secret and there's no big elephant in the room. It's needs "tweeking" that's for sure.

Reg. dvd: DVD rippin IS legal in Norway if you rip copies of your own dvd's.....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In some countries ripping is legal, but the circumvention of the DRM isn't. I believe that there are only few countries left where you're allowed to rip and circumvent DRM to do so DVD's you own.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

it is legal too make a copy of any disk for preservation of your original disk in the usa, you just need to keep your original disk so you can have proof that you bought the disk.

but if you are caught with more then one copy of the disk they will consider that over the limit and possibly going to be sold.
and they will fine you 500,000 us dollars and possibly put you in jail for 5 to 10 yrs.

so don't make and sale any disks just keep a copy so you don't destory the original one by getting it stepped on at a party.
or the kid decides to try and shine it up with your belt buckle and scratches the .... out of the playing service. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe you're allowed to make a copy in the US, but not if you have to circumvent the DRM, that's illegal. This is the way the entertainment industry has secretly taken away that right.