I switched to MediaMonkey, and this is why...

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: I switched to MediaMonkey, and this is why...

Post by Peke »

@Solitaire001
30MB You must be very rich back then, I had enough money to buy 20MB MFM HDD that took 2x5.25" Slots and sounded like 727 is taking off :)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
archcarrier444

Post by archcarrier444 »

I switched because I was tired of being enslaved by itunes. When my friend recommended me MediaMonkey, I jumped on it simply because I was eager to get rid of itunes. After a good month or two flirting with the program, itunes was officially out of my sight and my computer and ever since that day about a year ago I have been in love with every aspect of this program. The monkey changed my life which is why I'm a lifetime member; long live the monkey!
rithym

Post by rithym »

This is an older thread but why not bring it up-to-date. Back in 2005 I sold my bungalow, paid off the mortgage and put a few coppers away... Bought a motorhome to go travelling and was looking for a way to get my 600 cd's digitized as lugging them around Europe was a no no... found a 60GB 2.5" external hard drive to complement my laptop (Dell D800) and after some calculations decided to rip my collection @ 128kbps mp3 using MM I think V2.5. Anyway, here I am in 2014 settled in Portugal and still listening to the same rips along with an additional 6,000 or so albums 'collected' along the way... :D

Mediamonkey is so far advanced from everything else I have tried I feel part of a breakaway civilisation that is light years ahead of the competition...

V4.1.5.1719 an awesome companion wherever you may be.

PS I just joined a dating site and one of the questions was 'name the one thing you would take to a deserted island'... of course I said laptop with built-in solar and MM. Not sure why i'm still single? :lol:
Will the last person please get the light!
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

rithym wrote: PS I just joined a dating site and one of the questions was 'name the one thing you would take to a deserted island'... of course I said laptop with built-in solar and MM. Not sure why i'm still single? :lol:
:D :D :D :D

Back in 2009 I was asked to bring my Laptop with Music to a birthday Party. I used Winamp with some nice costumizations and one guy asked me about it and was interesseted in winamp's functions. Then he told me that he just installed a program called mediamonkey which runs very smooth and back home I looked for more informations about MM and installed it. Just some days later I said bye bye to Winamp :)