Mediamonkey 5?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

jmikelong

Re: Mediamonkey 5?

Post by jmikelong » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:17 am

Hi, All
I just read through this thread. I have been using MM since Version 3. I bought a lifetime license for MM 4. I have been very pleased with the program in general and thankful for the Dev team's updates. MM 4 has to be one of the best values of the multitudes of programs that I have purchased over the years. I am beta testing MM 5 right now and I am running it in portable mode to jump back and forth with MM 4. IMHO, MM 5 is going to be a great step forward and the fact that I have to buy a new license is not a concern when I consider the amount of work that is going into the new version. (As long as the price is not too high :-). If you are an audio fanatic you need to download MM 5 Beta and give it a test drive. I suggest installing it in portable mode so as not to interfere with your current version. The Dev team releases new builds that need to be applied. I am anxiously waiting for a stable build to be released and new scripts to start appearing. Thanks for reading. Mike

kris.sparky

Post by kris.sparky » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Mediamonkey 5 has been just around the corner for more than 7 years now.
I'm glad your beta is going well, but I disagree with the licence situation, it would suck to buy MM4 right now and then have to pay again to get MM5 if it was to be released a week later.
The lack of any real date for its release has to be discouraging users and hurting sales.

sterlingm

Post by sterlingm » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:25 am

Other software I've purchased would grandfather licenses for users who purchased the last version within the last year.

So if a person where to purchase MM4 within a year of the release of MM5 they could either, provide a license to those users for MM5 or provide a 75% reduction.

This way sales of MM4 can continue and customers who are buying now still have a sense of confidence they will be treated fairly if MM5 comes out "soon".

Just a thought.
-Sterling