Anyone still using an MP3 player?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

sperk

Anyone still using an MP3 player?

Post by sperk »

I'm still using my beloved creative zen vision m but I know her days are numbered. I was shocked to find you can't get a good sounding mp3 player anymore because cell phones have taken over. My cell phone (HTC Rezound) pales in comparison.
trixmoto

Re: Anyone still using an MP3 player?

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, I'm still using my Sony-NWZX1060B - Sony sound quality is hard to beat, and 32Gb has always been enough space for me to put the stuff I listen to most on, just needs shuffling around occasionally when I put new stuff on, but MM is great for that.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

iPod 160 GB, every day.
johnnysocko

Post by johnnysocko »

Ipod touch 2G 32GB still does the trick for me. After 6 years, I hate to say it, but it still sounds great. I'm old enough to remember the first portable cassette players, and the iPod is the hands down winner for durability.

Can't find a decent MP3 player? Surely you can? I've considered ditching this iPod before and pretty sure I found less "capable" slim downed cheaper options still available. This Ipod thing just keeps kicking as long as I replace the headphones every so often, so why bother.

Funny you mention creative zen. I had that before the iPod, and still miss it. Just preferred the no nonsense music based interface to the apple too many things to slide to find the song I want UI.
Dagnabulous

Post by Dagnabulous »

I still use my iPod Classic 160GB. Most companies don't seem interested in making high capacity players anymore which is sad. I have to constantly cull my library to get it down to the 140ish (actual) capacity. But I also have a 64GB SDHC card in my phone that I use occasionally, since MM and the iPod don't play too well together. Gotta install 4.1 and see if anything changed on that front.
Bananahead

Post by Bananahead »

I bought an iBasso DX50 a few months ago. Sound quality is in a different league to those nasty Apple products. MM syncs to it perfectly although I have also moved to FLAC instead of mp3.
jc836

Post by jc836 »

YES - Brand new Sansa Clip ZIP to replace/augment my Clip+ They work just fine and are very small making them great for the gym :)
Retired Broadcast Recording Engineer
Oldies are our main Genre. YES-we listen to Country and a few others too!
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Oh yes of course. I do have a phone I love and listen to 8tracks on the android, but mainly at work. MP3 players can't be replaced to me for exercise as they're too bulky and easily breakable IMO. I also cant stand a phone in the pocket when Im gardening or cleaning and keep shifting/bending over - too easy to break and just too large and uncomfortable. I still think a rockboxed player sounds better too and find it a lot easier to control the database and controls on the fly without looking when I'm driving in the car.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

A year ago I bought an Ipod Shuffle, specially to use it during Sport. But after a few weeks I used again my Smartphone to listen to Music even during Sport. So, no, I don't use a MP3 Player because I'm happy that you can have nearly everything with you if you just take a Smartphone and your wallet :D
veganmark

Post by veganmark »

Yeah, I still have my Cowon S9 32GB and it's going strong. The only thing I have always hated about it is that Cowon can't get the playlist thing right. They make good products but they can't get a handle on playlists. Regardless, my player sounds amazing and videos look amazing. I never wanted my music player integrated with my phone. In fact, I don't even own a smartphone. Sony still makes one mp3 player and Cowon, of course, makes a few. Iriver does also but I'm not in love with their players. One of the benefits, imho, of having a separate music player is control and privacy. No one knows what I'm listening to. With a smartphone there's always someone listening. They can see where you've been, what you listen to, read your emails and monitor your phone calls. One day standard cell phone encryption will take care of this problem. I do like my music on a separate device and I love my 32 gb player. There's a great website called anythingbutipod.com. It's for those of us who do not like ipod. In other words, true audiophiles. Check out the forums. They keep everyone updated on new mp3 players.
Mark G.
RexanaCCb

Post by RexanaCCb »

Absolutely. Ipod touch 160GB for me is the best . I can listen to my favorite music while jogging, and watching videos while travelling. It rocks! :D
Rexana Cullen
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Sansa Clip w/ 32 gb MicroSD and Rockbox'd so it'll play my Flac, m4a, wav, shn and ape files. It's cheap, versatile and the smallest portable player out there besides that horrible ipod shuffle.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

My sister just got an Eclipse player. 4gb internal memory, plus slot for sd micro. plays music and video. comes with mm3 installed it says. and looks like it uses monkey flow for the album cover images. fm radio and video camera ebooks and several other stuff we don't use. 8) But it's There if we want it. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.