Help needed for labeling songs

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Alvin Asby

Help needed for labeling songs

Post by Alvin Asby »

I'm new to MediaMonkey Gold and I am not a programmer, so please excuse me if I ask a stupid question. I am converting my old LPs to digital and have a question about how I would name a song so that it is properly recognized when I add it to my MM library. I have been been simply using the song title and then saving as an mp3 or wave file. i.e. Tell It Like It Is.wav or Tell It Like It Is - Aaron Neville.wav

When I get ready to burn a CD or add the song to MM library either the information is under the wrong column or missing. Can someone give me an example to go by and please explain exactly what method is best to use. I prefer save songs on my hard drive in the wave format and convert to mp3 when I need to. I know also that mp3 songs have tags and wave do not. I don't know how that affects things though. Going through some of the forum discussions that address naming songs I see a lot of symbols used and I don't know what they mean. But I haven't found a situation like mine that addresses the issue. I would even appreciate someone directing me to an article or other source that I could learn from as long as it isn't too technical.

Thanks, Al
Lowlander

Re: Help needed for labeling songs

Post by Lowlander »

That's due to Infer File Properties. You can do it manually with Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename. Artist - Title probably will work better.
Alvin Asby

Post by Alvin Asby »

Just looking back at this and realized I forgot to thank you for the info.
AJLeibengeist

Post by AJLeibengeist »

wondering what you decided about labels, filenames and tags?
Alvin Asby

Post by Alvin Asby »

I just use: artist - song title.

Don't know if it the correct way but its what I use. Sorry, didn't know it had been that long since I checked in.