Members Directory Does Not Sort Alphabetically by Letter

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Members Directory Does Not Sort Alphabetically by Letter

Post by MMFrLife »

If I go to the members directory, it shows "all" members by default (seemingly randomized).
If I click on the username link above the member names it will alpha the entire list.
But if I try to choose a letter (any letter) to sort by, it sends me to MM's home page.

What is up with that? :-?
Last edited by MMFrLife on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
nohitter151

Re: Members Directory Does Not Sort Alphabetically

Post by nohitter151 »

MMFrLife wrote:If I go to the members directory, it shows "all" members by default (seemingly randomized).
The default sort is by date user joined the forum.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MMFrLife

Re: Members Directory Does Not Sort Alphabetically by Letter

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks, but the default isn't really my concern.
It's when you try to interact with the letters. They just send me back to the home page.

I will move this to the "need help" post eventually as I feel not enough people are even seeing it.
If someone could just tell me if they can replicate the problem, "they don' know why", "it's being worked on",
"we've been having that problem for years", "hey, that's really weird", "what the heck are you talking about", etc..

Something; Anything.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

If i click on members it takes me to the listing sorted by when they joined. Then click on username and the lists sorts by user name. Then click on D and i go to the listing of usernames starting with D and they appear to be sorted. If I then click on all they appear to be all sorted by name .. is that not what you want?

If i just go to the listing and click on a letter it does go to the front page. This forum runs on phpBB so unless MM want to get into the forum writing business ..
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Hey, dtsig. Thanks for you're help.

In the first part of what you say below, you are talking about the members link that is in the upper right [FAQ/Members/Search/Logout/], right?
If so,:
dtsig wrote:If i click on members it takes me to the listing sorted by when they joined. Then click on username and the lists sorts by user name.
Check! [to both of those]
dtsig wrote:Then click on D and i go to the listing of usernames starting with D and they appear to be sorted. If I then click on all they appear to be all sorted by name .. is that not what you want?
Ok, this is where it differs for me. Clicking on a letter "immediately" takes me back to the home page.
dtsig wrote:If i just go to the listing and click on a letter it does go to the front page.
If you just go to the listing? What is the listing?

The letters work for me if I go to my user control panel > private messages > find a member
but not from the front forum page.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
๐Ÿ˜œ
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I have the same Problem when sorting alphabetically
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks Maximus, well now I know I'm not imaging it.

Would be nice to get more people to confirm. I guess the forum would have to
breakdown to the point of not being able to post for something to be done. But since it's still possible
to do through the method I mentioned (and most people probably don't even use this feature)
it's not to big of an issue, I guess)
๐Ÿ˜œ
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

As posted earlier clicking on the letters only works if you sort the usernames alphabetically first by clicking "Username" in the header.

Seems to just be a quirk of phpBB
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks nohitts, as always.

I got it now, but it is indeed "quirky" that you can't do it directly like you can in "find a member",
a bit unintuitive and potentially a waste of time for some trying to figure it out. :-?
๐Ÿ˜œ