Recent News about MediaMonkey is wrong

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Recent News about MediaMonkey is wrong

Post by MMFrLife »

The Recent News about Mediamonkey states the newest version of MMW is 4.1.10. :roll:
Update much? :wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Peke

Re: Recent News about MediaMonkey is wrong

Post by Peke »

I see 4.1.17.1840 as first/last version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Not News, as in "News and Announcements" forum. The Recent News section of the home page that the public sees when
they first come to the site.

But even so, what do you mean by saying that what you are referring to is also "first"? That it was first released as a beta and then as stable?

Well, I just looked again and 4.1.10 is the last one listed on the front page that shows an actual number for MMW. The statement at the top that announces Android Auto
support
, links to a series of statements of which one is about MMW 4.1.16.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Any thoughts on this?
😜
rusty

Post by rusty »

So the News that posted in the blog is usually devoted to new features and/or major new releases--i.e. it doesn't include every single minor release of MMW/MMA. Descriptions of:
- MMW releases appear in the forum, and changelog (under 'Information' in the website header)
- MMA releases appears in the Play Store

Hope that clarifies.

-Rusty
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, thanks for clarifying. :)
That's reasonable.

Although, it seems that whatever one you make reference to on the front page,
any links to another reference should refer to the same version.

Currently, 4.10 is on home page and top news link (about Android) refers you to info about
4.16 . It would be nice (consistent, less confusing, better marketing approach) to have one or the other
on both, preferably the more recent one (especially on the front page). :wink:
😜