What kind of MM user do you consider yourself?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

What kind of MM user do you consider yourself?

You may select 1 option

View results

RickH

Post by RickH »

Novice.
TennesseeStud

Post by TennesseeStud »

I recon I'd consider myself just basis for sure. Been having issues with my PC and have been in the hospital for almost a month. So that has held me up some what..... BASIS for sure ....
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh nice to see you back out of the hospital.
thought you up and left us for good. :)

sorry you were ill. :( but glad your fine again. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
TennesseeStud

Post by TennesseeStud »

Hey rovingcowboy thanks for your comments partner, I finally got out of the Hospital on this Last Sunday the 24th of February and was very happy to be back at home. There's always something nice about coming back home after being away specially after being so darn ill. I mostly hope that will be it for awhile now too.... :)

I hope all has been fantastic with you RC, thanks again and take care of yourself and your family.........

Adios hombre and may God bless you & yours too.....

Cordially,

TennesseeStud aka Fred...... :)

Post by Guest »

i'm just a novice .
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I use scripts, I tag everything I can, I have a rather big music collection that's backed up, I know a lot about encoding and editing, and I make skins for the monkey. What kind of user does it make me??

Victor.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

magicalpig wrote:I use scripts, I tag everything I can, I have a rather big music collection that's backed up, I know a lot about encoding and editing, and I make skins for the monkey. What kind of user does it make me??

Victor.
For your skinning contributions alone:
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
JCfantasy23

Re: What kind of user are you?

Post by JCfantasy23 »

I'd rate myself as intermediate. I don't script so that knocks me out of the advanced crowd, but I have been using MM for about 2 years now and know my way around it pretty well.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
nolabar

Post by nolabar »

I'm intermediate. I haven't truly mined the depths of everything that MM is capable of. Then again, I haven't needed to. The out-of-box functionality, combined with the unlocked features, is enough for even the most serious music nuts. That's why MM is so awesome...on a fresh install, I only need about a half hour to get everything pimped to my liking (views, filters, skins, etc). None of it is rocket science, though it could be if you're that guru who can tinker with everything. I think MM easily caters to all but the most basic users who have likely never ventured beyond the default player on there OS in the first place.
musoholic

Post by musoholic »

Well I'd have to say 'novice' as I'm a MM user of precisely 2 hours standing. So far so good :)

After long frustrating hours with WMP and WinAmp both throwing various fits at dealing with my music collection + syncing with my Creative Zen Vision M, decided to throw in the towel and looked around for something more stable .......... so, here I am. If the next couple of days goes as well as the last two hours then 'Gold' is on the cards :)

A warm hello from the UK

Cheers, Dave B.
cgm707

Post by cgm707 »

I find it a little disappointing that with all the documentation, I can't find just a user's manual to Media Monkey. The Introduction guide is too basic...How to use tags, scripts in laymen's terms...There is a lot of programming for any advanced use, it seems like.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Try the wiki or ask questions on this forum if you can't find the advice you are looking for.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Breydel

Post by Breydel »

Basic at the moment since I only bought it 2 days ago. :)
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

I'd like to consider myself advanced - Been using MM Gold for almost 3 years now (in between a stint of Amarok on linux, before I got sick of it and installed virtualbox)

I havn't written any of my own scripts, but enjoy tweaking other peoples, and tried my hand at skinning once (it's probably still down in the artwork forum somewhere)
Total

Post by Total »

Basic :) (2 months of use MM)
Hardcore Fan

Russian MediaMonkey Community:
http://forum.sibnet.ru/index.php?showtopic=213689