Some Hot-keys not working [#13989]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Friedrich

Some Hot-keys not working [#13989]

Post by Friedrich »

I tested so far:
Ctrl-O > "Stop"
Ctrl-F > "Search"
Alt-Enter > "Play Now"

BTW:
MM4 works so perfectly well for quite a while now, that I visit the forum much less frequently and i guess thats the same for many others.
So I found merely by chance the good news that MM5 is on its way and ready for testing.
Maybe some more prominent announcement by mail or website?
MM5 (2606)and MM4 (1919) installed and running well on:
Debian 11 KDE, EndeavourOS KDE (wine 7.4 via playonlinux), Win10 64bit
Ludek

Re: 2060 Some Hot-keys not working

Post by Ludek »

Friedrich wrote:I tested so far:
Ctrl-O > "Stop"
Ctrl-F > "Search"
Alt-Enter > "Play Now"
These hotkeys works fine for me, but they aren't configured as global so the MM5 window needs to have focus.
Are you sure that the window has focus? To be sure click the window bar at first.
Friedrich

Post by Friedrich »

Ludek wrote:Are you sure that the window has focus? To be sure click the window bar at first.
Yes, I am sure. Using Windows 7 they don`t work. Marked as global or not.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Just to be sure, do you have defined it in Options > Hotkeys ?
Friedrich

Post by Friedrich »

Ludek wrote:Just to be sure, do you have defined it in Options > Hotkeys ?
The configuration looks exactly the same as in your screenshot.
(Tried "global" on and off but that does'nt make a difference.)
Friedrich

Post by Friedrich »

BTW: Win7 makes "warning sound" when using Alt-Enter; the other hotkey-combos don't.
stax76

Post by stax76 »

I confirm all these keys don't work by default starting with clean settings, one thing a noticed is by default it shows Alt+Enter but when I assign it, it shows Alt+Eingabe (Germany) and then it works, the enter causes a warning sound I confirm too, so far not a issue for me, I don't think I have a use case for enter key

Page Up/Down is now detected correctly, thanks for fixing it. I can't yet use it though for next/previous track since the list view still reacts to it, maybe you can fix it otherwise I hope I will find the responsible code, I think a already saw it before. All my media apps use page up/down for previous/next track and my remote sends this keys.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

stax76 wrote:by default it shows Alt+Enter but when I assign it, it shows Alt+Eingabe (Germany) and then it works
Thanks, this explains the issue as for simplification I use the string representation in the default list (i.e. "Alt+Enter") which fails to pair with "Alt+Eingabe"
Could you please test how Ctrl+O and Ctrl+F is represented in German locale?

Anyway this will need to be fixed: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13989
stax76

Post by stax76 »

It shows STRG for control modifier. Would it be much work to disable list view page up/down key handling in case page up/down key is assigned to an action? I need page up/down key for next/previous track action, for list view navigation pos1/end key and mouse scroll is enough for me. It's those little things that would make MM for me great again, right now the exception dialog is completely broken on high DPI, in the last 40 days there was always something completely broken not yet allowing me to start porting my extension, right now MM4 and MM5 are a total disaster for me because of the High DPI horror but I have a lot patience and still trust that soon problems can be sorted out, I'm waiting for a reply from PetrCBR regarding the exception dialog.