Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:40 pm
... the current version of MM5 implements ... ShowArtWithDetails (aka Albums&Tracks in MM5).
Thank you for that. I don't think that I would have migrated to MM5 without these facilities, but now look forward to the goodies which MM5 is bringing ....
Album & Tracks view: it is great to see this return to MM. Are you going to re-implement a custom display limitation upon the number of rows per album? ....
example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb6ck9hdhedgh ... w.png?dl=0
I use MedialMonkey v4 by creating playlists of albums. When playing music I select a playlist, which is sorted by "Summary" and displayed by "Show Art with Details".
How do I do that in MediaMonkey v5?
When displaying a playlist, there is no "Albums & Tracks" option.
If I view the MM5 "Music" node "Albums & Tracks" is available for "All Tracks" and "Album" nodes. Selecting either of these nodes then filtering for Match: All/Any, of the following criteria: Others -> Playlist is click to set ... however choosing a play list crashes MM5
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:52 am
I just fired up MM5 for the first time. It looks great! Got a couple of Qs.
1) The "Folders" node
- Is it possible to enable a "list view" for Subfolders in "Folders" node?
- Is it possible to enable the "All" subnode under "Folders" node?
I am used to browsing my collection by a split-view where the "top" is a list-view with Genre/Artist/Album and the "bottom" is a list-view as well (detailed) containing Title/Artist/Album/Date/Genre etc. etc. This makes it very efficient for me to work through tagging. I couldn't find any option to set this, or enable more Columns in list-view. Might just be me not looking the right places for these options tho..
2) Metadata sources (probably feature request realted but realted to MM4 scripts..)
- Do you have any plans to expand to e.g. Discogs and similar DBs? I am currently using Jaikoz/Beets for autotag and MM4 for manual corrections. In MM4 I am used to the Discogs Batch Tagger but it's not avaiable for MM5 as you guys are doing the awesome autotag feature!
- Is it possible to set weight per source (sort of like you do in e.g. Beets) ? I love that and the fact you can compare matches for best results
- Posts: 5351
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:00 pm
- Location: Czech Republic
1) We plan to support similar sub-view mode as already implemented for Playlists. As for 'All' subnode, it's replaced by a tool-bar button in MM5. You can enable more columns, either by right-clicking headers, or by changing view (see View Selector button in the toolbar).
2) There probably won't be much more in MM5.0 than is already implemented, but since it's an open architecture and actually the whole UI and related code is open-sourced, anything is possible to implement, either by us or an Add-on.
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:27 am
After reading the topic, I would like to make a suggestion.
How about having two different views - basic for new users and power user for all of the current users that know and love MM?
So, power user view will having all of the current power user features already built in, so that the people who migrate from 4 to 5 when it is done, will have access to all of the functions that they are use to. And the basic view will just have the very basics, so that new users can play around first and then, when ready, they can move onto power user mode.
- Posts: 11203
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
- Location: Serbia
As Jiri already pointed out MM5 UI is open-source and almost any Layout/Mode can be made. Have you tried to put MM5 in Mode -> Tablet?
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:32 pm
Man I just sounded like I was on the sales team haha.