Display of Composer in Artist field irregularly

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

chidino

Display of Composer in Artist field irregularly

Post by chidino »

I just installed Alpha .2065 and had it convert my existing MM4 DB. For some reason, some classical Artist listings in the Library display are coming up with the composers' names; listings from other genres do not have this problem if I bothered to list the composer (I only tend to worry about that in classical). Others remain with the correct Artist name. BUT if I sort by Artist, every track is listed where it alphabetically should be according to Artist on the tag. (It's kind of funny.) As I said, no sign of this in any other genre...
chidino

Re: Display of Composer in Artist field irregularly

Post by chidino »

Additionally (to make it even more strange) the composers are entered on the tags that are displaying properly!
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'm a bit confused re. what's actually going on, could you please provide some screenshots?

Thanks,
Jiri
chidino

Post by chidino »

Sorry for the delay. Here's a shot which shows the artist (which is Abbado/Berliner Philharmoniker) displayed correctly in the Selected pane, but Beethoven listed as Artist in the Library pane although it is sorted correctly for Abbado/Berlin.

https://ibb.co/fASQyF
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Found the problem, will be fixed in the next release, thanks for the report.
chidino

Post by chidino »

Thanks!