Artist Tile Images

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Artist Tile Images

Post by dtsig »

It is my guess that each artist will have a tile and that title should get an image from the internet (wikipedia?) if found. If this is the expectation then it doesn't work very well. Out of 67 artists i am only getting image on 6 tiles. I can understand on some tiles (artists) such Duke Ellington and Count Bassie .. but I have looked up many and there are images on wikipedia which should have been used.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
malkierian

Re: Artist Tile Images

Post by malkierian »

If you don't double-click on the artist tile to bring up the artist view, it won't download them automatically, you have to right-click on it and go to Find Image at the top.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Check Options/Metadata lookup if you have checked lookup for missing artwork.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

malkierian wrote:If you don't double-click on the artist tile to bring up the artist view, it won't download them automatically, you have to right-click on it and go to Find Image at the top.
I am not sure I understand .. Music>Artist shows tiles with letters .. some of the tiles (6 or so) show pictures. I didn't dclick on those.
PetrCBR wrote:Check Options/Metadata lookup if you have checked lookup for missing artwork.
It was off so I have set it on .. after a couple of minutes it found 5 .. so i am right in thinking it should find the images similar to what you would find in wikipedia for the 'artist' ..
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I can see where this would be a cool feature if it worked consistently .. but in my little db (67 some artists) it does not find the majority of images. I can see where there would be confusion in finding an image (there used to be a band call Lamb .. cute but not useful :) ) but again the majority are things like John Mayall or Eric Burdon etc .. shouldn't be a problem from Dicogs or wikipedia or ... It looks to me to be another refresh problem since it works with some.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig