Some observations in MM5.0.0.2088

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

RvHout
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 am

Some observations in MM5.0.0.2088

Post by RvHout » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 am

Hi, new in testing MM5.
Looks fine, looking forward to the final version! Great job!

However... some remarks (sorry if this has already been mentioned, although I couldn't find it in this forum):

1) MM5 doesn't remember the last size of the window. I always like to work in a maximized window but each time I have to maximize it manually. Afaik there is also no option for this.

2) Is the Internet Radio facility gone? I really like that feature.

3) In the option dialogue I don't see the DSP plugins options.

4) In the 'Add/Rescan files to the library' window under the heading 'folder/path' nothing is shown if you add a complete partition. It only shows the last level foldername of a selection within a partition. It would be great if the partition name is shown here.

Regards,
Rene

Peke
Posts: 11205
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Some observations in MM5.0.0.2088

Post by Peke » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

Hi,
Thank you for kind words, MM needed refreshment and younger look and feel with retained wisdom accumulated over the years.
RvHout wrote:1) MM5 doesn't remember the last size of the window. I always like to work in a maximized window but each time I have to maximize it manually. Afaik there is also no option for this.
I can't replicate for me Window state is persistent on restart.
RvHout wrote:2) Is the Internet Radio facility gone? I really like that feature.
It is redesigned ATM and not yet fully implemented to avoid non needed issues and distraction for other features that are more implemented and usable ATM
RvHout wrote:3) In the option dialogue I don't see the DSP plugins options.
MM5 is moving to Multi platform environment and backward compatibility with Winamp plugin structure is limiting MM5 a lot to expand
RvHout wrote:4) In the 'Add/Rescan files to the library' window under the heading 'folder/path' nothing is shown if you add a complete partition. It only shows the last level foldername of a selection within a partition. It would be great if the partition name is shown here.
Not sure I follow correctly can you post screenshot?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
How to add Images to forum

RvHout
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 am

Re: Some observations in MM5.0.0.2088

Post by RvHout » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:13 am

I made a screenshot, but somehow I can't get it in this forum thread...

What can I do? I used the 'Img' button and tried several things between the [img] and [\img] strings... I thought 'file://partition\folder\folder\file.jpg' should do the job but in the preview it didn't work.

Rene

Post Reply