One Drive files not playing

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jmcc

One Drive files not playing

Post by jmcc »

Hi - when I open a OneDrive folder and try to play a wav file nothing happens (except occasionally I get a 5 second burst of something and it moves to the next track), m4a tracks seem to play OK. Is this a streaming size issue? If I try to sync my OneDrive via "Add Location/Scan to library/Sync now" nothing seems to happen.
Peke

Re: One Drive files not playing

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes most likely problem is WAV File. Althru it is uncompressed it is widely outdated and surpassed with formats like FLAC or ALAC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Could you please share the WAV file with us for analyze? i.e. upload it somewhere (using a free file hosting service - Box, DropBox, RapidShare, FileDropper...) and share the link?

Thx.
jmcc

Post by jmcc »

Hi Ludek - this was just with any random wav file ripped off a CD, not any specific one. I however have another problem in that I have changed my OneDrive from "personal" to "business" and when MMW presents me with the login prompt and I enter the business account associated with OneDrive I get a "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." message.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I haven't tested OneDrive for Business, but reading the differences admins of the business account could disallow the account to be connected by a third party apps like MediaMonkey?
"That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." message.
I guess that this text rather means that you might have just typo in the account name?
jmcc

Post by jmcc »

Hi Ludek - if you can enlighten me as to where I need to change the OneDrive admin setting (I am the Admin for the account), then I will do so. Just to clarify, this is the OneDrive that has a blue cloud rather than a white one and comes with an Office 365 account.

I'm 99% sure it's not a fat finger issue.

Thx
John
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

jmcc wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:56 am Hi Ludek - if you can enlighten me as to where I need to change the OneDrive admin setting (I am the Admin for the account), then I will do so.
I am just guessing, but maybe this settings could do the trick?
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 786cb7fb34
jmcc

Post by jmcc »

Hi - I've got "Integrated Apps" turned on, which is the state in which I'd expect it to work according to the documentation. I've got an inkling that the issue is actually due to something more fundamental as it just won't let me log onto OneDrive from within MMW and I've seen the same sort of issues with OneNote personal. Thx John
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

jmcc wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 am just won't let me log onto OneDrive from within MMW and I've seen the same sort of issues with OneNote personal
I am not sure that I understand, you indicated that you could log in with "personal", but you are unable to log in with "business" ?
I've got "Integrated Apps" turned on, which is the state in which I'd expect it to work according to the documentation.
So did it help or you are still unable to log in? Are you able to log in via Chrome or via to another third party app?
jmcc

Post by jmcc »

Hi Ludek

I can/could log into the personal version fine from MM5, it's the "business" version that comes with Office 365 that causes the problems.

Integrated Apps was already turned on, so it didn't effect the fact that I can't login via MM5. I can happily log into the OneDrive web interface https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/login/ from Chrome. Not sure if it's relevant but the URL once I've logged in is as follows:

https://********-my.sharepoint.com/personal/username_********_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx
(*s replacing domain)

Thanks again
John
williamcruz

Post by williamcruz »

Hello, i am facing the issue that i am unable to save the Office documents in OneDrive folder. The issue is not only that i am also facing issue while opening the Office documents from OneDrive web or synced folder/app, or OneDrive creates duplicates of documents. I am using Ms Office 365. How can i solve this issue?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, how is saving the Office documents in OneDrive folder related to MediaMonkey?
Are you saying that you are unable to save them only and once after you have logged into the OneDrive account using MediaMonkey?