Release date for MM 5 (Win and macOS)

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

skrutm

Release date for MM 5 (Win and macOS)

Post by skrutm »

Hi,

I wonder when we can expect MM 5 to be released; for Mac and Windows?

It seems to me you got stuck with this HTML-Javascript all platform crap!
I see some basic bugs still beeng reported after a few years of testing...
Or am I wrong?

Matjaz
jiri

Re: Release date for MM 5 (Win and macOS)

Post by jiri »

Well, yes, the development takes longer than we'd like, but we're getting there. We are about to release MM5 beta and so the final MM5 release for Windows hopefully isn't far. Mac will yet need some time then.

Jiri
skrutm

Post by skrutm »

I wonder, isn't that supposed to be all-platform, runs on all platforms application?

Thanks
jiri

Post by jiri »

Definitely. The base of MM5 is cross-platform ready, but there's a lot of smaller details that have to be solved and so instead of spreading our resources, we decided to finish the Windows version first and only then focus on other platforms (Mac and Linux).

Jiri
skrutm

Post by skrutm »

Hi,
I can't find a Forum Thread for Beta testing MM5. Am I missing something?
I guess by now, you are about to release MM5 final version soon?
Phanatic

Post by Phanatic »

Hi,

Have you considered a free version upgrade period for MM Gold if you purchase it now? I've been checking in periodically for years while MM5 has been under development because I really like MM4 and I've been planning on switching to Gold once the next version has been released. It's the only thing stopping me from upgrading right now!

Since you're relatively close, it would be great if you could include an 'if you upgrade from this point forward, you'll automatically get MM5 Gold once it's released".
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

skrutm wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:16 am Hi,
I ... [snip sarcasm]
I think that it is good that MM are taking the time required to get MM5 feature-loaded and stable before release, or progression to beta, don't you?

The best way to encourage and assist progress is to get constructively involved in the alpha test.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.