Some requests/bugs & questions

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MiPi

Re: Some requests/bugs & questions

Post by MiPi »

MM4 skips all AIFF files, skipping is always faster than parsing ;-)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

12) yes, it is fixed in 2116 that hasn't been created yet

14) thx, added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14974

15) added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14975

16) This will be fixed once all JS/HTML/CSS files are merged into one file (already worked on and prepared by Petr)

17-19: Thx, added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 429#c49696
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

2) bugreport received, some of our developers will look at it.
9) yes, it should be solved by fixed 12). And also F5 is already fixed and will work in the next release as you expect (i.e. preserves current search/filter)
11) currently at least middle button, tracked here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14976
13) cannot reproduce, maybe it is already fixed, please try with the next release again, once released
Fram

Post by Fram »

Hello guys! :)

20) Switching to an opened tab trigger a delayed refresh of the view. Don't know if this "refresh" action is present in MM4 or is too fast to notice it.
21) Request to add conversion to AIFF.
Peke

Post by Peke »

21) Is added in MM5 2116+
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Fram

Post by Fram »

Hi guys!! I've recently played with the new release and tested what we discussed earlier in this thread.

*12) About the Auto-Update feature...the first thing to say is that it's GREAT & thank you for implementing this super feature.
Now, i tested it and this is what i found: (NOTE: I used window explorer as the "place" where i delete, edit, add files in a specific folder and at the same time check the same folder in MM5 to see if the changes reflected well)
- editing the file name works good
- deleting a file reflects very quickly
- tried to copy more than 2 .mp3 files and the app freezed. (i've tried with wavs also)

* the contextual search function doesn't work very well along with the auto-update feature.
You can test it for example with a folder that have 10 or more files and just search for a specific string. Now, using window explorer try to edit the filenames (adding/delete the string from the filenames), add, delete some of the files that contain the same string that you've searched. You will certainly observe that the searched results will not reflect the changes that you've made in the folder. (even after you refresh the search - F5)

*13) Still have the same problems with any window that i open inside MM5 (Proprieties,Conversion Window, Auto-Organize files,etc). It obviously doesn't work like in MM4. MM5 doesn't save the dimensions&position of any window. Every time i open the same window it will get bigger and bigger, also the position will auto-shift to the right. And sometimes will only appear the Title Bar. If i try to open again it will disappear from the screen. (maybe shifted outside the screen)
PS: don't know if it matters but i use Black Monkey skin.

*18) "Move a file by drag & drop into a folder from left Tree View list. (works is MM4)" - now it works but it doesn't behave like in MM4, meaning the file is copied, not moved as it should. Also when you try to drag&drop a file into a folder from the Tree View you can't tell exactly where you will drop the file because the mouse cursor doesn't highlight the desired folder.

*16) The delay of open windows and switching tabs is still there (i think you didn't implemented this yet)

21) Thanks for adding conversion to AIFF but the conversion didn't work. It seems that the converter tries to convert the file, creates it, but the file is corrupted. Also, the application turns into a white stucked window. Nothing happens. I was forced to shut down the app from Task Manager.

NEW:
22) "Auto-Tag from Filename" is grayed out (not implemented).
23) If a try to drag&drop a folder on the "Pinned" Entry, an error will occur. (still dreaming at the possibility to pin folders :D)

I do not know how it works & what's the limit of this kind o feedback but if I'm too annoying please tell me. I will stop. :)
Also, I forgot to tell you that i'm not a native english speaker so i apologize in advance for the mistakes and please bear with me :))
Peke

Post by Peke »

re 21): Can you please create debug log? It is Alpha Build of encoder, especially as I've converted 300+ files without any issue.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

re 13) it's strange ... are you using multi-monitor environment ? What's yout DPI settings ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

12) we will try to improve it
13) still cannot reproduce at all, strange issue
16) yes, not implemented yet
21) what file format do you convert, could you catch it to debug log? For me it always worked too.
22) it is regression under Folders node, will be fixed in the next build
23) error will be fixed in the next build

You feedback is constructive and appreciated, don't worry ;-)
Fram

Post by Fram »

(13) - Display Mode : 1920 x 1080, 32 bit
- Display DPI : 120
I have set the size of text, apps and others items to 125% & i have 2 extended displays.
I've disabled the 125% size and the problem disappeared. But can't use the monitor at 100% size because everything is too small for me. MM4 doesn't have this problem though.

(21) Tried with wavs & flacs. It doesn't work, the app freeze and the encoder creates corrupted files.
Once, when i converted from wav to aiff the file was created, the app didn't freeze, but the audio was broken.
It worked to convert FROM one single MP3 file. The option "convert file(s), replacing the originals" didn't deleted the original though.
If i try to convert more than 2 MP3s to AIFF the app freeze. (we all know that it's not a good practice to convert from lossy to losslesss formats because it will result in bad transcoded files. I just did it for testing purpose :) )
Also, the files can't be edit after i force close MM5 because the files are open in "Decoder.exe"...so i had to end this task too.

Tried to convert 5 wavs TO mp3s and the app freeze also. Same story for wav -> flac.
Here are the logs: https://we.tl/el7HoDmvNn
Last edited by Fram on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

re 13) will try with non-standard DPI
re D&D) i didn't found a way how to make it work yet

EDIT: re 13) reproduced ... will be fixed in next build ... thanks
Last edited by PetrCBR on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

21) thanks, I've reproduced problems. Strange, it did not occur before. Issue reopened.
Fram

Post by Fram »

Hi guys! Tested the new release and i'm back here with the reports:

(21) the app freeze if i try to convert more than 1 file (to flac, aiff or wav). so, the problem still persist.
24) "convert replacing the original" option it doesn't replace the original

Requests (present in MM4)
25) preserve the last settings of conversion that user used
26) include a loading time bar for conversion

(12) about auto-update feature:
- tried to copy 4 mp3 tracks - it works
- tried to copy 27 aiff files, an error ocurred a bug report has been made and the id is: 8F413A6F (don't know for sure if the bug report was send succesfully) . Replicate the error with only 3 aiff files, the id is B3CB9E5E. Error with wavs too.
UPDATE: it seams that the error occure also with mp3 files (i've try to copy 2 mp3's files)
I've noticed that the mm5 process take around 20% CPU after i copied the files.

- also the the contextual search function along with the auto-aupdate feature doesn't work as is should.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

21) confirmed, the problem still persists.
24) I will look at it after related 21) will be solved

25) tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15012

26) you mean progress bar? You can open it by clicking progress icon in the top right corner.

12) bug B3CB9E5E received
teodore

Post by teodore »

Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 don't work with MM5
Windows 10 i7 8 Go - topping d30 - sansui au-222
Lyrics : http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 0&p=448074