Some requests/bugs & questions

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Fram

Re: Some requests/bugs & questions

Post by Fram »

Hi teodore!

Don't know exactly what you reffered in your above post. It's related with some of the problems posted by me? :)
Fram

Post by Fram »

Hi guys! I've tested the new release and want to thank you for all the bugs/features you have solved. Everything that i posted in the last posts is working very good.

All that remains is just these three old problems:
16) delay at opening the Proprieties/Options/Auto-Tag/Auto-Organize windows - you replied that this will be fixed once all JS/HTML/CSS files are merged into one file (already worked on and prepared by Petr). This mean that will be fixed only in beta version ?
20) Switching between tabs trigger a delayed refresh of the view. - this occur because this is the alfa version which is slower than beta ?
12) The auto update feature doesn't update the view correctly if i try to edit/delete the filename of a file.

Example 1:
* convert from flac to wav:
- test.flac
- testare.flac
- test eve.flac

*after conversion
- test.flac
- test.wav
- testare.flac
- testare.wav
- test eve.flac
- test eve.wav

note: the same will happen if i try to rename any file. it will keep the old files too.

Example 2:
* in a folder we have this files:
- testi.wav
- testare.wav
- test eve.wav

* from window explorer try to delete "eve" from "test eve.wav". now will show:
- testi.wav
- testare.wav

note: It's strange that after refreshing the view and deleting the string again it will show the correct modification.
note 2: It seems that immediately after adding "eve" (undo the deletion i've made earlier - which reflects well in the view) and deleting one more time the string "eve" i get the same result as above -> the "test.wav" will disappear
note 3: if i try to add "eve" again "test.wav" it will show:
- test eve.wav
- testare.wav
- testi.mp3
- test.mp3

Don't know what to explain more. I just played with deletion and adding "eve" to "test.wav" and it seems that sometimes works sometimes don't (I also noticed other "wrong" results but it will take me too much time to write them here. I think i've made myself understood. You can also test some variants to observe what i've noticed)

NEW:
27) the scrolling experience is different from what i'm used to. Don't know to explain it clearly but it makes me dizzy :)) and i can't really notice the results if i fast scrolling. I've compared with MM4 and other programs and i'm sure that MM5 have a different scrolling experience.

28) while scrolling, the Columns header don't stay fixed.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Can you send more details re 27 & 28 (or video may help to understand) ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Fram

Post by Fram »

27) In MM4 and other apps, the scroll move incremental (in steps). In MM5 it moves to "smooth"/fast. Usually when i scroll and search for something i focus on the center of the view. In MM5 is very hard to find what you are looking for because the writing "move" to fast/smooth and you can't focus anything.
Just open MM4 (or other program) and MM5 side by side and scroll a little faster (not to slow) and try to experiment what i've said above....i'm sure you will find out what i'm talking about.

note: if you really don't notice anything...it may be because i have the monitor zoom at 125% and the ratio is different...dunno.

28) The "row" that contain the column names like: Filename, Artist, Album, etc just move along with the files when i scroll.
It is very noticeable.

note: if you don't notice this it may be because i have different scale as i stated above. but i doubt that is the problem.

I hope I made myself clear this time. :)
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Sorry to jump in here but I never see 27 or 28. what skin are you using?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

27) I see. It is really caused mostly by the smooth scroll, where scrolling is more fluent, but as the text is not jumping in discrete steps line by line, it is impossible to read the text in the line, even if it is the same line by line (when sorted by the column).
28) it seems, it happens when scrolled tracklist in some view, where there is also some header or other component above tracklist (like artist view, folder view, ... ). Does not happen in "All tracks" view.
Last edited by MiPi on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fram

Post by Fram »

I'm using Black Monkey skin.
I've disabled the 125% display zoom scale in Windows 10..and now i have the default/native scale. I've tested this for other themes too and no difference for 27) & 28)
Even if you slowly scroll and compare with other programs you will notice a different experience. (maybe is still the same delay which affects the entire MM5)

note: i've tested and notice this only in the folder view (when you open a custom folder on your local disk).
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

27) old behavior could be set by new option in the next release (issue https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15039 )
28) should be fixed in the next release
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

20) found when is tab switching slow, added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15075
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

Just wanted to also add a +1 for the request for

3) Show the track rating in the player

I've got so used to viewing/changing the rating here so it would be great to either have it in the default skins or otherwise document how it can be added to a custom skin. I'm OK with some basic coding and CSS so would love to have some documentation on skinning if there is a guide somewhere?
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Fram

Post by Fram »

Hi guys!
I will post directly some screenshots because is faster and you can see exactly what's the problem.

OLD:
12) the auto-update view feature not working properly. after converting 1,2,3,4,5.flac files into .aiff (using "converting files replacing the originals") , the view look like this:
https://ptpimg.me/q62z9a.jpg

Also after the conversion the files are corrupted. They are all distorted.

NEW:
29) https://ptpimg.me/h1s0he.jpg - the problem is at the right click menu. can't see the whole menu
30) https://ptpimg.me/261pm9.jpg - customization menu is not appearing

Feature request:
- hotkey for "Delete now playing track song permanently"
- split views (dual-pane) - can easily compare, move, edit tracks from 2 side views. - really great feature
- shortcuts for switching fast between mutiple opened tabs

Kudos!
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Fram:

12) auto-update feature is not fixed yet, but the corruption is strange, I'll try to reproduce it

29) it is related to the changed DPI in Windows (cannot reproduce with 100%, but can with e.g. 150%), we will look at it, thanks.

30) Player customization is currently not supported for mini player
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

12) conversion bug reproduced, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15122
Fram

Post by Fram »

OK. I understand. Some of the feature requests posted can be achieved?
Any news for the beta? an approximation when will it release? :D

Also, there is a ticket open for the auto-update feature in order to see when it's fixed?
Thanks!