Drag and drop file to Media Tree location does not work as well did in MM4 [#15287]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Drag and drop file to Media Tree location does not work as well did in MM4 [#15287]

Post by Barry4679 »

I am dragging an album to somewhere in the Location mode ie. to Folder>MSWindowsNetwork>MSHOME>NAS>MusicShare>xxxx/yyy

1. The target drop location is not high lit, as it was in MM4 .... so the UI isn't really clear that it has registered a drop zone, and I can't see where I am dropping to because the source folder icon is obscuring the target https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvmk4909cc570 ... e.png?dl=0
2. Default mouse drag action in MM4 was cut&paste, which I could override to copy&paste using the shift key ... MM5 mouse action only seems to offer copy&paste
3. MM4 also offered to move other file types (eg. images and text rip log) once the cut&paste was successful ... I can't test this because MM5 does not seem to have a cut&paste ... this functionality is essential

Other Comments:
Is it possible to create a custom SendTo location in MM5?
ie. I would like to create a "location" for MSWindowsNetwork>MSHOME>NAS>MyMusicShare so that I could move files via the right click menu's Sendto|Folder(Move) option.

If this was offered I would then want a right click menu for folders in <node>|Location ... so that i could select an album, and then right click it to initiate the Sendto|Folder(Move)
In MM4 I could set viewing mode to ShowArtWithDetails, and I could select a whole album by clicking in the Summary column.
In MM5 I can select the album by selecting the folder in <node>Location, but there is no right click menu there.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
PetrCBR

Re: Drag and drop file to Media Tree location does not work as well did in MM4

Post by PetrCBR »

D&D issues added to mantis as 15287.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Barry4679

Re: Drag and drop file to Media Tree location does not work as well did in MM4 [#15287]

Post by Barry4679 »

Version 2178 .... previously reported issues are improved.

#1. When dragging a block of files, the UI shows just the track which was under the mouse cursor moving, and it also has a track count, showing how many tracks are to be affected .... This is not as clear as MM4, which showed the whole block that was being moved, but the MM5 would be OK, except the opacity of this count message is so low that it is almost invisible ... and it also appears to squeezed into nothingness at the bottom of its row.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tua8muu4cvd1g ... D.png?dl=0

I don't think that the UI needs to clearer that the whole block of tracks is being affected ... it mostly looks like just one tracks is going to be affected. ... This count needs to be noticed, so should its opacity show be at or near to 100% ... just like the + indicator which shows when the operation is copy&paste, instead of the default cut&paste.

#2. The default action is a cut and paste ... which is good, but the status bar message says that the tracks are being "copied"

#3. Non-music files from the folder are also affected by the drag operation, as was the case in MM4. ... but MM4 showed a question dbox, giving the option whether to affect these files. This is missing from MM5. ... Some people may prefer to have the option.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.