MM5 Does Not Show Artwork Upon Reopening Program [#15300]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Asect

MM5 Does Not Show Artwork Upon Reopening Program [#15300]

Post by Asect »

Installed MM5 build 2146 over MM4 and have no other MM5 builds on a Windows 10 Machine Home Edition 17134. Install was great. Data base migration perfect. Everything seemed to work flawlessly. After playing with the MM5 options for a while, shut the program down. Upon reopening the program, noticed that my default view showed no artwork. Selected file menu, add/re-scan option, and viola, the artwork appeared. Closed down the program, reopened, and the same behavior. Each time I open MM5 there is no artwork, and the file menu, add/re-scan option must be used to get artwork to show. The re-scan only takes 9 seconds and artwork reappears correctly.
PetrCBR

Re: MM5 Build 2146 Does Not Show Artwork Upon Reopening Program

Post by PetrCBR »

Where artwork do not appear ? In Artwork window or any specific view (albums, artists etc.) ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Asect

Post by Asect »

Artwork shows nowhere....doesn't matter what area/tree option is chosen. No Artwork shows until the file menu add/rescan option is used. The all artwork shows everywhere.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please make screenshot of MM5 view when NO artwork is shown and when Artwork IS shown?

Do you see any save icon in Top right corner when artwork is shown?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Asect

Post by Asect »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146019547 ... res/cn6u6j

Will this work for you?

Start from the bottom screenshot and work up to see the sequence. Thank you!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, thanks for the screenshots.

The strange thing and the clue is the error message "Media transfer process on Pictures is frozen...."
This kind of message appears for storages like MTP devices (during device sync).
It looks like you pictures are cached on a MTP storage?
Did you install MM5 as portable on a portable drive?
I guess that the issue doesn't appear when you install MM5 to a local HDD, right?

Anyhow, debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 ) would tell us more
Asect

Post by Asect »

Hello Ludek,

I'm using a Windows 10 Home machine with an internal 1TB Samsung SSD, internal 500GB Samsung SSD, and internal WD 500GB with 16GB of RAM. Mediamonkey is installed on the 1TB SSD drive (in C drive Program Files (x86) folder), and Mediamonkey library and database is installed on the 500GB SSD drive. The 1TB SSD has three partitions (Windows/Melodies/Photo & Video), The 500GB SSD has only Mediamonkey folder (to include library and database), and the WD 500GB has four partitions (System/Pictures/Film/Page File). As far as I'm aware, I installed Mediamonkey 5 right over top of Mediamonkey 4 and DID NOT do a portable install. The Pictures error message is from a partition located on the WD 500GB internal drive, while the Melodies error message is from a partition on the internal 1TB SSD drive. All drives show correctly in the media tree under folders. Opened a Helpdesk ticket under the same forum subject and attached debug log. Thank you.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for the log.

In the log I see that MediaMonkey is installed on C:\ , but the temporary directory seems to be on H:\
You probably defined your custom temporary directory in Tools > Options > General > Temporary Directory
to H:\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey Temporary\ , right ?

The bug is that MM5 converts
H:\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey Temporary\Thumbs\78\F2MXKFGS1ZBV7E6P-500px.jpg to file:///temp/Thumbs/78/F2MXKFGS1ZBV7E6P-500px.jpg
but later converts
file:///temp/Thumbs/7E/F8781XTNG9JVNSJ4-500px.jpg to C:\Users\Robert Secrest\AppData\Local\Temp\Thumbs\7E\F8781XTNG9JVNSJ4-500px.jpg
which I suppose results in deadlink as the thumbs are on the H:\ and not on the C:\

I entered the issue as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15300 to be fixed.

Thanks for reporting!
Asect

Post by Asect »

Hi Ludek,

Should have thought of that, since I user defined placement of all mediamonkey temp directories/user folders and database. Glad you found a fix! Thank you!