Question re Out of date tags [#15358]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

AlanH

Question re Out of date tags [#15358]

Post by AlanH »

Could anyone shed any light on the following:

I have a library of over 50k tracks, in MM4 (latest Beta) I use unsynchronized tags to check my files are all up to date, then I create a new portable MM5 install and let it import the database from MM4, if I then check out of date tags in MM5 it finds thousands of problems. It could even be my whole library its flagging as I stopped it after it found 15k.
There doesn't seam to be any pattern to the fields its flagging.
Peke

Re: Question re Out of date tags

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If I got you correctly, in MM5 under Unsynchronized Tree node your whole library gets listed and no highlight what tags are not in sync where MM4 show things correctly?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

MM5 does highlight the unsynchronized tags but it’s a mixture of everything, titles, artist, albums etc,

Everything is in sync in MM4, before I started I sorted out the few tracks which hadn’t synced, cleaned the tags and synced and rechecked.

I did try run sync tags in MM5 for a file but it just keeps showing on the list but I don’t know know if that’s because I tried sync before out of date tags had finished running.

I will try run maintain database in MM4 then redo and see if that makes any difference.
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

I've just tried previous versions of MM5 with the same behaviour so I cleared the database in MM5 and rescanned just a few tracks into the library,
I then went to out of date tags and it shows 52 out of the 71 one files in my library as having out of date tags, I ran update tags but the same 52 files still show has having unsynced tags.

I don't know if its relevant but when MM5 recently went to being a regular install I didn't click on portable install option but changed the output directory, when I realised I uninstalled but my uninstaller got a bit carried away and removed some of MM4 files which meant i hosed my MM4 library. ( I cant see how it could be related as I'm using MM5 as portable)
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Another Update.
Ive found out what is triggering it to report out of date tags but not the why, Its the string length of the field, any field with more than 30 characters including spaces shows as an out of date tag, That's why its showing across multiple fields, If I have long file names or multi artist tracks it triggers.

here's how I found out
I did a clean MM5 portable install without importing my MM4 database, I then just scanned in one album which.
with the album name as "The Very Best of 10 CC [Import]" it showed as out of date tags if I changed it to "The Very Best of 10 CC" it didn't flag, so I thought maybe its the brackets but changing it just to "[Import]" didn't flag. that's when I started increasing the album name one character at a time until it showed in the out of date tags.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting!

I am seeing the same issue, to be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15358