Typing in a view (scroll to matches) doesn't parse symbols in song names [#15185]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pbryanw

Typing in a view (scroll to matches) doesn't parse symbols in song names [#15185]

Post by pbryanw »

Hi, when I use typing in a view (I have "typing in a view" set to "scroll to matches"), MM5 doesn't seem to parse symbols in song names.

For example, if I search for "Don't Know Much", I get no occurrences, because it has an apostrophe in it.

Other symbols - like brackets, quotation marks, slashes, etc. - also don't work.

I wonder if this could be fixed in a future version of MM5? Normal search, using the search box, is unaffected by this problem.

Thanks, Paul.
Ludek

Re: Typing in a view (scroll to matches) doesn't parse symbols in song names

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting, fixed as item 12) here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15185
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

@Ludek - Hi, thanks for confirming, and I look forward to seeing this fixed in build 2166 :D
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

Ludek wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:44 am Hi,
thanks for reporting, fixed as item 12) here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15185
Hi, I've just updated to build 5.0.0.2166 Beta, and this bug is fixed now for me, with just one further issue, which I have a question about.

It seems that now when you use incremental search (typing in a view), any symbols (that are part of the search term) are ignored, instead of included in the search.

So, a search for "(radio" returns the song titles: "New York (Radio Edit)" as well as "Hello (Turn Your Radio On)".

I'm just wondering if this is working as intended, or should symbols be included as part of the search term, for this type of search?

Thanks, Paul.