MM5 Crashes at startup trying to do an SQL insert

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dctim1906

MM5 Crashes at startup trying to do an SQL insert

Post by dctim1906 »

I reloaded the latestMM5.
The error says:
There was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL "INSERT INTO Songs( Songpath,.....Sampli":no such table:main.SongsText(1,1)

Can someone help with this?

It was working fine until I cleared the database.

Thanks
dctim1906

Re: MM5 Crashes at startup trying to do an SQL insert

Post by dctim1906 »

I reinstalled using "Portable Installation", the program asked to import my MM4 database and now this is working.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dctim1906 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:54 pm It was working fine until I cleared the database.
How did you "clear" the database? ... Using the clear option at File|ManageDatabase menu option? ... maybe it has a problem.

If you want to proceed with further testing, I suggest that you close MM5, and trying deleting the MM.db file using Windows Explorer, and then restart MM5 .... it should offer to re-import your db data from MM4.

You can see your database location by entering the BackupDatabaseNow option at File|ManageDatabase
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I have just tested the 'Crear database...' feature (from the Manage database dialog) and it proceeded just fine,
and I haven't been facing any error when subsequently adding tracks to library (i.e. the SongsText table is there)