altering date [#15876]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Monkeyphile

altering date [#15876]

Post by Monkeyphile »

I have noticed that when I add a "Date" or "Original Date" to a file MediaMonkey alters the string on save. So, if I add the date: 2000-01-01 it may be saved as only: 2000. I have also noticed, at times, if I change another field of a given file an existing date string may be altered on save, even if I never alter the string in any way.
Peke

Re: BUG: altering date

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am unable to replicate, can you please make video screen capture and post link here?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BiffTheUnderstudy

Post by BiffTheUnderstudy »

I see the same thing. If I'm in the main UI, select an entire album's properties (right-click, Properties) and enter a date in the Date field (i.e. 10/19/1993) when saving the change the Date field reverts to the year only. If I then select a single track from the properties screen and modify the date the same way, the date field goes blank. Then if I enter the date again on the single track it will remain.

Blanking the date in mass doesn't appear to help for mass updates, but if I go one by one and update from the properties screen it will update the date field.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thank you, I see this too with mass edit, entered as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15876