2203 - MM5's Web node crash ... and your bug submission service is down (again)

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2203 - MM5's Web node crash ... and your bug submission service is down (again)

Post by Barry4679 »

this crash web when test the Web node ... it happened when i tried to close the rhs panel

Your bug submission service is down again ... wastes my time because there are issues that (presumably) you don't get to see ... and the issue locks up Windows key functions on my PC until I abend MM5.

Media Tree tool tips in the Web node are being created too low in the z-order.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MiPi

Re: 2203 - MM5's Web node crash ... and your bug submission service is down (again)

Post by MiPi »

Crash report was really not received. What do you mean by rhs panel? Do you reproduce this crash by some exact steps?

Re tooltips - in fact, they have the highest z-order that is possible. Problem is, that web page is displayed in another window (because of sandboxing needed) and we cannot display some contents of the lower window (main application window) above the upper window with web browser. Video has the same problem, because it is also in different window. Currently, there is no simple solution to this, but I think, it is quite detail.
Barry4679

Re: 2203 - MM5's Web node crash ... and your bug submission service is down (again)

Post by Barry4679 »

MiPi wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:04 am Re tooltips - in fact, they have the highest z-order that is possible. Problem is, that web page is displayed in another window (because of sandboxing needed) and we cannot display some contents of the lower window (main application window) above the upper window with web browser. Video has the same problem, because it is also in different window. Currently, there is no simple solution to this, but I think, it is quite detail.
Thanks for the background info MiPi. ... Agree that it doesn't seem worth fixing.

MiPi wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:04 am Crash report was really not received. What do you mean by rhs panel? Do you reproduce this crash by some exact steps?
"rhs panel" = right hand side panel" ... ie. the panel that contains "Now Playing" and "Selected" panels ... I was just de-cluttering the screen so that i could take a screen shot re the tool tip being too low in the z-order suspected issue.

I don't plan to do any further testing on MM5 for a few days due to other priorities ... how about you get your Crash Dump Submission service reliable? ... This is the 3rd time I have had to do extra work to try and workaround its unreliability.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.