2262: odd placement of Next Song Popup

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

2262: odd placement of Next Song Popup

Post by dtsig »

Occasionally when I run MM i will get odd placement of the popup as shown here https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn6mdxhc8ghd1 ... p.jpg?dl=0
If i reboot MM it will work as expected in bottom right corner .. until it starts acting up again. Not life changing but an irritant when watch baseball and the popup happens
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dtsig

Re: 2262: odd placement of Next Song Popup

Post by dtsig »

interestingly I closed the browser with the game playing and then opened the browser without the game and it started to show in the correct location. it continues now to play in the correct location.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

2265 Next Song popup

Post by dtsig »

Still happening with 2265. More often than not it is when I am watching (streaming) baseball (mlb.com) on Firefox browser
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxlgj9onlsre5 ... p.jpg?dl=0
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried capturing a debug log for this?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I haven't .. but I will

Edit: of course .. shutting MM down to start debugview then restarting ... all is well.I might have to start debugview during a run of mm
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've been told it's better to start DBGView prior to starting MediaMonkey as that captures more message from MediaMonkey. The long log that results from this isn't a huge issue if you save DBGView right after you capture your problem (so it's at the end of the log).
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Does the next song popup appear in a predictable location?

For example, MM4 has had a bug where it appears in a predictable location when my display is scaled >100%. If it's scaled at 125%, the popup shows at (1/1.25 = ) 80% of the screen width x 80% of the screen height. And if it was scaled at 200%, it (probably) would appear right in the center of the screen.

If the location of the popup is predictable, even if it's incorrect, then it'll probably be easier to fix than if it's seemingly random.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

No .. it shows in the same location every time when it is happening.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

What's your monitor setup? Are any of the displays scaled >100%? MM still has a lot of issues with display scaling unfortunately.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Nope .. single monitor at 100%
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig