interface like zune

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

interface like zune

Postby spartamets » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:20 pm

I have an extremely large music database. This is a super-clunky interface for accessing my music. It is very difficult to sift through all my music to get to what I want to hear. If there is any way to have one's library and overall functionality resemble Zune, that would be great. Zune was a failure as an ipod competitor, but its software was the best. Very easy to use in every way--the opposite of this one.
spartamets

Re: interface like zune

Postby MMFrLife » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Yeah, I have a friend who gave me her Zune HD. So I still use the software to this day since Zune is/was proprietary and not made compatible with MM.
But only because of that fact. I don't really like it myself, but Zune software would have probably had even more mass appeal had it lasted and
been more developed. I'm not much of a mainstream/mass appeal type person, although I do understand the need for that type of thing.

Anyway, I wouldn't count on it for MM4, but it would be neat if maybe someone could make a Zune skin (or some add-on functionality) for 5 that's more
reflective of the software than past attempts.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
MMFrLife

Re: interface like zune

Postby Peke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi,
I would disagree with Zune software is the best, but it had some interesting features. Maybe something to be addressed in MM5?

What exact things you are missing?
Best regards,
Pavle
MM Core Developer and Admin of free MediaMonkey extensions Hosting
Peke

Return to Wishlist (mmw)