Type is automatically set to Classical in MM4

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

komarek

Re: Type is automatically set to Classical in MM4

Post by komarek » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 am

I just want to remind the developers that there should be a way to completely disable the automatic classification of files into the "classical music" type. I keep my music collection on the hard drive of my main pc in my office. Every time one of my windows computers elsewhere in my house resyncs its music database with my primary server the computer I am working on reclassifies my music -- and that happens pretty frequently now that windows 10 is messing with home network settings. Just today I reclassified over 17,000 music files from "classical music" to "music" type on one of my PCs. This is a trivial annoyance, to be sure (it took maybe three minutes from start to finish), but it could be fixed forever if I were able to remove the "classical" genre from the "classical music" type definition, or disable that "type" altogether.

The additional fields and program mannerisms associated with the "classical music" collection and type are useless to me. They just complicate how I add music to my collection and use the program. They also complicate how I build playlists and sync with my iPod.

I am not a music librarian, radio announcer or archivist. I just want to play my music files without too much mental overhead or fuss.

Thanks for listening.

Best regards,

--pk---

Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Yes please.

bateye23

Post by bateye23 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:29 am

Yes that's a good idea, it's annoying to reclassify it again, there's should be a tag or category type in it.