MM for Mac - I just switched to Apple

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

I would like to see MediaMonkey for other OS than Windows

You may select 1 option

View results

Lowlander

Re: MM for Mac - I just switched to Apple

Post by Lowlander » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 am

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks for that LL; My first attempt at Wine only worked for one reboot; second attemp a coupla weeks now. Even at less than 100% MM beats everythig else out there.

LTParis

Post by LTParis » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:19 pm

tigertales wrote:
Lowlander wrote:A non-Windows version requires a significant rewrite of the code (ie loads of time spend programming without any new feature to show for), but this process has been started with MediaMonkey 4.
Does that mean its in the works?? (This could effect whether I switch back, or not. Seriously. Nothing on mac comes close).
Yes we would all like to know if this process, starting with 4, means a OS-X compatible version in the future.

mtgranny

Post by mtgranny » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm

I am one of the original posters to this thread forum and have reached my patience limit with Macs. They have changed their customer base, product and service and are now no better or worse now than Windows. I am switching back to Windows next year and excited to be able to return to my MM Gold library of music.
mtgranny

Saudi Alex

Post by Saudi Alex » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 am

If the MM guys would look into this thread from time to time they would realize how many people are really willing to pay money for a MM Mac version again. Also how many people desperately wait for the MM Mac version for many years already. I don't want to have a Wine or any other work-around-solution. I appreciate everyone who tries to help out here, but I would like to have a easy going relaxing way to use MM on Mac. Stable, updating, performance, all like on MM for Win.
I feel all these requests are ignored. I would also be willing to pay another 50 USD for a MM on Mac version, but one day also I will have reached the end of line where I will switch to a different solution for once and all. Like I did before with MM on Windows!

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 am

^ Im with that guy.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 pm

This is some BS - I just got a macbook in July - I absolutely hate iTunes - I cannot even plug my iphone into the damn thing and get pics off it without being forced to sync to itunes. The only thing that has stopped me from selling this comp is that I got $300 off the price, but more and more, it is becoming so not worth it, especially since I can get a Windows 8 computer for $400 cheaper with better specs. I am tired of this machine and I do not want to have to install another OS on it just to get the basic functionality that I want.

Moselekatse

Post by Moselekatse » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 am

It seems the project to create a cross platform version of MediaMonkey will very soon be entering its sixth year.
Is there any chance of getting just an indication of how approximately much of the necessary work is so far completed as a percentage?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:13 pm

No, timelines are not given as they only serve to frustrated when they pass. At this point there is only a commitment to make this happen at some point.

mczoltar

Post by mczoltar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 am

Have been visiting this series of posts for years. Was a loyal mediamonkey gold user for years then switched to Mac. Attempted wine installation and virtualization with Fusion and Mediamonkey- each attempt did not work to mediamonkey's full potential and had severe limitations.

I will not go on about why a mac version would be good for the user and also profitable for Ventis as this has been covered in previous posts extensively.

I want to comment here on what I feel is very poor customer service by Ventis which is discouraging and has led me to exit the anticipation zone and move one for good. From the posts here, it is clear that loyal users of mediamonkey are reaching out to the company and asking to be updated about the status of their position/progress (or lack) with respect to a cross platform version and other than a very old post from someone who appears to speak for Ventis, there have only been crickets.

I have switched from PC to Mac and am satisfied with that choice. It is ridiculous for me personally (I respect others sense about their own situation) to consider switching back to PC just for one software program. It is also ridiculous for me to spend time coming back to this forum or mediamonkey's website hoping that Ventis personnel will communicate with their loyal customer base about this issue. I anticipate that someone on this forum will say that Windows is their market base and that is where their attention is focused- I can understand that. However, ignoring their customer's requests for information about cross platform plans is deplorable. So, with that said, I am done with Ventis. As a result of their behavior, they have lost a customer and the revenue that comes with it.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:35 pm

The status is still the same, it is being considered and some progress towards support for other OS's has been made starting with MediaMonkey 4. Other than that there is no firm commitment to any date/version where this would be supported.

Which means this still stands: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=32

mczoltar

Post by mczoltar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Lowlander-
thank you for the response; not being rude, just want to be clear about the source of your information.... are you a user or are you an authorized Ventis employee/spokesperson?

Peke

Post by Peke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm

From Devs.
EG. Three verions are preparing for release at the moment: MMA (Android), MM8 (Windows 8 Metro), MMW (Windows Desktop).

No iOS, OS X for now.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm speaking as an informed user.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:41 pm

mczoltar wrote:Lowlander-
thank you for the response; not being rude, just want to be clear about the source of your information.... are you a user or are you an authorized Ventis employee/spokesperson?
Lowlander is a very well informed user he helps on mm and is a moderator here or was?

As long as hes been here i've known him to give fair to great answers on 90% of the issues, not always polite with each other we've hashed it out a few times. But if you look around the forum you will see we sometimes answer same thing in different ways, but he knows programing so he is one of the heavy hitting batters here, if he says it you have a 99% chance of it being correct and if it isnt he mostly beats anyone back to edit his post and correct his own error.

So take what he says and go to the bank machine with it. 8)

PS. He's too modest to post how good he is.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.