drag album from tree; integrated last.fm; copy to collection

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Balinsky

drag album from tree; integrated last.fm; copy to collection

Post by Balinsky »

i've been splitting my time between windows and ubuntu(linux distro) due to school and stuff.

and in that i have been spending about half my time with amarok.

i think things can be learned from other programs so these are the things that i use a lot in amarok that i miss when i use the monkey:

in amarok you can drag an entire album from the tree to the playlist, u cant in MM at least not in 2.5

amarok also has integrated last.fm support(no plugin required u just fill in username and password in the options) i know many members of this forum would appreciate this

also when u are browsing files not in the collection you can right click and copy to collection(like auto organize) i have use this more than i would have thought possible. for example if i am still seeding in BT, if a friend brings over an external HD(or ipod for that matter)

i think i have asked for some of these things before...
MediaMonkey Gold member
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The drag album (I assume you mean explorer tree node) has been requested. As MediaMonkey 3 will have a different way of browsing the collection I assume that this will have been added.

As Last.fm user I don't see why this needs to be integrated, the plugin works more than fine.

As for move to collection, I miss your wish here as you indicated that Auto-Organize Files can do this.
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

Lowlander wrote: As for move to collection, I miss your wish here as you indicated that Auto-Organize Files can do this.
auto organize moves the files a copy to collection would leave the files there
MediaMonkey Gold member
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

only problem I have with the last.fm plugin, at least via the official program is that it doesn't recognise stop. pause is fine just not stop.