MediaMonkey 2.3 big wish

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Would you rather see

You may select 1 option

View results

TheRocket

Wish to...

Post by TheRocket » Thu May 27, 2004 12:32 pm

Be able to drag and drop tunes from and to media monkey:

ex:
Select some files in mediamonkey, and drag them to the desktop to copy them, or drag them in winamp to play them.
or
Select some files from my desktop, and drag them into mediamonkey to add them to the library. Then Mediamonkey show the folder where the files are coming from, or the "Newly added" playlist...

Idea seen from another program: browse by album thumbnail (when cd covers will be implemented)

Nice ideas? What do you think?
Last edited by TheRocket on Mon May 31, 2004 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRocket
-- MMWBE 0.91 released! Get it here http://rocket.dyndns.info/mp3manager/mmwbe_v091.rar or see topic http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4005#34005 for more details!!!

Feature request

Post by Guest » Sat May 29, 2004 7:22 pm

Greetz,

Just purchase the Pro lifetime version; very impressed with what I see. I use/used Foobar for my extensive MP3 collection (700GB), but needed more media management tools that MM seems capable of.

However, there is a Foobar addon called Foo_Winbar that I am extremely fond of, and MM has nothing similar. That addon places VCR navigation buttons AND a slider bar to position the song playback pointer (while the song is playing) for Foobar - it adds this control as a toolbar option (right click inside the toolbar, and then add/remove Foo_WinBar).

I would REALLY love to see this feature added to MM. Right clicking on the MM icon to select from a popup is MUCH slower than a GUI toolbar.

Cheers,
Scott
sdaughtry@yahoo.com

Freexe

Customise Customise Customise!

Post by Freexe » Sun May 30, 2004 9:19 pm

I love you to make it so I can customise the Music tree and which icon I have access to in each menu (including the drop down menus).

Freexe

Post by Freexe » Mon May 31, 2004 3:01 pm

Its probably abit late for 2.2 now but a few things I would really like to see are:
  • *Keep the currently playing items in the middle of the screen (not at the bottom), so with a quick glance i can see what was played last and what is coming up next

*A play now, shuffle and play menu item added to the nodes tree (including on the artist node)
and more exotic ideas
  • *Predifined Layouts; So you can jump to the way you want to see things with a click of a button. Would be useful in combination with a highly customisable layout (imagine albums tree on the left with playlist on the right with the songs in the middle) http://www.freexe.com/files/mm_wish.png you would beable to drag and drop etc... create new playlist from others quickly and easily the options go on and on

gparitsky

CD Rip

Post by gparitsky » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:54 am

Just a simple thing, an audio conformation when the CD Rip is completed. Then a new CD Rip can be started before the next TV commerial. A mind is so easily sucked into TV.

Killer Rock Radio

Post by Killer Rock Radio » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:41 pm

Being able to rate albums as well as individual songs.

Bex

Cue sheet

Post by Bex » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:14 pm

Hi!
I wish for cue sheet functionality. Meaning that MM could read cue sheet (as in foobar) and also store the info in the library, so you can search on the songs and find duplicates aso. Dont know if this is hard to program but it sure would be very nice feature.

zyb

Post by zyb » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:25 am

Hey there!

Enjoying 2.2 very much - great work, as usual! :D

But here's a couple of UI wishes:

* A fully customizable Library-Tree (sheesh, since using the German localization I don't remember the English technical terms ... ;D), as has been already requested for 2.2, I think: I personally use only very few of the possibilities to view my files and for space reasons would like to choose, which ones to show or hide.

* Also MM should (optionally) remember the last viewed section of my library and open it automatically on programm start.

* I would appreciate a full set of Player functions in a toolbar instead of the awkward Player, which I came to dispise for its bloatedness and the ever moving equalizer bars. In addition to the existing playlist control bar I'd need a display of time and optionally time remaining, a "scrollbar" for the playing song and possibly a volume and balance control. That should fit in a toolbar, I think. ;)

That's it - my needs for technical improvements are close to zero, I'm already very impressed by MMs abilities. :)

Cheery, Zyb

MegaZapFan

Post by MegaZapFan » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:03 am

For my first post, I'll cast my wish-vote for full FLAC support, including TAG metadata.

Great program!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side...

Yorri

Won't be able to switch to MM until...

Post by Yorri » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:18 am

#1 - Cover Art (to be editable and viewable from anywhere)...would also be nice to be shown what size is stored as well. I saw this feature in another product. Oh...and put cover art in the proper labelled field unlike Musicmatch)

#2 - Full ID3v2.4 support

So far that's what has stopped me from switching programs because it is much to important for me.

Right now I use Musicmatch and love their interface but would love PROPER and FULL support for the ID3v2.4 spec. Helium2 is excellent but I don't like how it handles mutiple editing. Musicmatch is so much cleaner and easier. MediaMonkey is not bad...at least it is acceptable and useable...just find the way Musicmatch handles files much more intuitive but their support for all the field is lacking.

Frodo56us

MediaMonkey 2.3 big wish

Post by Frodo56us » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:56 pm

I'd love to see mp3 player support!!!

Frodo56us

MediaMonkey 2.3 big wish

Post by Frodo56us » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:58 pm

Make that 'Portable' mp3 player support...

FurAnt

Post by FurAnt » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:53 pm

It seems that hard-drive based portable MP3-player support has already been integrated into the Monkey. In my selfish way, all I care about is the iPod integration :D

I am curious what avenues you guys are exploring for supporting updates of the iPod database and I'm offering my ***FREE*** alpha/beta testing capabilities.

zyb

Post by zyb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:51 pm

* Ability to burn mp3-CDs (not audio).

GHammer

CUE Support & DirectX Host

Post by GHammer » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:32 am

CUE files are nice for those who rip an entire CD.
APL file support is nice for those who use APE format.

A DirectX Host would be excellent! There are SO many free and paid plugins for DirectX hosting.

A couple of links for this are:

http://www.thedirectxfiles.com/species.htm
http://www.directxfiles.com/plugins.htm