Playlist/Internal player

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Lizy

Playlist/Internal player

Post by Lizy »

I have some songs that the internal player can't play without having it skippy. I tried to tweak few parameters but I confess not all. I find easier to use Winamp. But then playlist is not useful at all, evne confusing. If I use playlist while Winamp is default player, it still plays with internal player. Doesn't make sense. Even if I don't use the playlist, it is still displayed in the context menu of traybar icon and show "active" a song that it isn't. Doesn't make sense either. Eiher playlist is link to Winamp or either it doesn't appear when Winamp is default player. Don't you think so.
BTW, playlist is always on top. Is it possible to change that ?
jiri

Post by jiri »

You can change the plug-in set used by Songs-DB and use those plug-ins used by WinAmp. That way the playback should be absolutely the same. Just remove in_dsmp3.dll from Songs-DB plug-in folder and put in_mp3.dll from WinAmp there (or in_mad.dll as described on http://www.songs-db.com/plugins.php).

Anyway, I am aware that currently the support for external WinAmp control is buggy and it will be corrected in the next version.

Jiri
Lizy

Post by Lizy »

Works fine now with Mad plugin. Thanks :P

Don't forget to eventually write these instructions in the help file.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Great. Yes, help file will contain more information in the next release.

Jiri