a button that would display artist wikipedia info

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Balinsky

a button that would display artist wikipedia info

Post by Balinsky »

after having used amarok/linux for a while one thing that I miss is the ability to very easily go to an artists wikipedia page. In mediamonkey all you would need is a button on the top that could turn the library window to the artist's wikipedia page. Since that pane can already display content of that nature it probably would be a fairly easy script.

jeff
MediaMonkey Gold member
rovingcowboy

Re: a button that would display artist wikipedia info

Post by rovingcowboy »

nice idea but i don't trust all the information on that wikipedia place anymore.

and there is the chance of getting some images or articles that you don't want to see, depending on the artist's name's some of them are strange enough that a search for them now brings up subjects that have bad items and information in. when i searched for a simple item like the computer program skin. some time back to get it was easy but i also got tons of po ,,,no items and even got an automatic pr....o site popup when i left the wikipedia site.

so the auto button might just also make those type of unwanted pages too easy to get, by just giving it a open door in to the computer.

if that was not so messed up and the pr....o,,, stuff was not there, this would be a great idea maybe it is if they can filter out the bad stuff with a code filter in monkey but the on exit auto popups would be hard to get rid of that way. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Balinsky wrote:In mediamonkey all you would need is a button on the top that could turn the library window to the artist's wikipedia page.
No need for a script to do that.
Go to options and activate it:

Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

but then they won't have the shortcut to amazon to buy the cdrom. :(
so a button or another shortcut someplace would be good for what they want to do if they need two of them. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

rovingcowboy wrote:so a button or another shortcut someplace would be good for what they want to do if they need two of them. 8)
hmmm. So why not having one button for amazon, another for wiki,
another for CDuniverse, one button for Auto Organize, 1 for this and another for that...
How about a toolbar with 243 buttons where all MM functions are handily available for fast and easy use...
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

umm ?? is right that would be in the area of the scripters to make a script with them all so people that want them
could get them.

:D
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Balinsky wrote:after having used amarok/linux for a while one thing that I miss is the ability to very easily go to an artists wikipedia page. In mediamonkey all you would need is a button on the top that could turn the library window to the artist's wikipedia page. Since that pane can already display content of that nature it probably would be a fairly easy script.

jeff
Try my Right Click for Web script - it's got relatively easy access to Wikipedia and lots of other websites for either the now playing song or the selected song. I'm working on adding user-selectable buttons for my Right Click for Scripts, once that's released, I'll port over the code to RCFW to allow you to create toolbar buttons for any of the web pages that RCFW can display.
~One
unitg2

Post by unitg2 »

Thank you for showing how to turn this gawdawful so-called "feature" off! Jeebus it was buggin the heck outa me. I can look up anything I want, anytime- dont need my media player turning into a point and shoot video game launchin browsers all the time. Thanks again.