Scheduler ?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Kuby

Scheduler ?

Post by Kuby »

I've seen "Scheduler" as a request since 2003, and promises by MM that it is high on the To-Do-List. But I continue to see the new IPod's related items bump almost all other requests over and over again.

So is MM "really" going to look at making a "simple" scheduler, simply based from the suggestions recommended? Or is this just a hopeless wish that is nearing 6 years old? :oops:
Peke

Re: Scheduler ?

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Kuby wrote: But I continue to see the new IPod's related items bump almost all other requests over and over again.
I am starting to get the same impression :-? but I have not given up hope that non-ipod related issues will be addressed.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

not every wish is added as a feature, some are left up to scripters and peke's script was released about that long ago also. which is so well done theres not any need for a timer to be put in to the program.

and peke just made his script super simple to use just follow his instructions in the first post of his thread for his windows scheduler script in the scripting room.

also i think i said it way back then but in repeat.
theres not any need to do double coding since windows already includes the timers with the scheduler program then why double code and add the same thing in to monkey making monkey bloatware.

peke's script is the best of both worlds and connects them perfectly. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thanks RC for support and you are right completely, but I must confess (again) that personally as a DJ would like too see more of MM automatization (there is lots of features that are added to scripting and not used and each of us value own free time) that can accomplish even make simple Scheduler (Events).

As already said thrum forum note that each windows version use different approach to Scheduler and it could take much effort to maintain all windows version compatibility.

VBScript lng is one of easier to learn, actually basics can be learn within few days and people here are always willing to help new scripter (including me).
Best regards,
Peke

Scheduled Playlists & volumes

Post by Guest »

Scheduled Playlists set to start and stop daily, with next scheduled playlists to also schedule different volumes.
Vaganzza

Re: Scheduled Playlists & volumes

Post by Vaganzza »

Do you mean that on specific days (monday, tuesday, ..., sunday or on weekdays) MM automatically takes playlist X from 8am until 17pm, from 17pm untill 22pm playlist Y and from 22pm untill 1am playlist Z, ...?

If so I second this request :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

This option can be Scripted.
Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Peke wrote:This option can be Scripted.
What do you mean can be scripted peke?
You already did the scripts for auto playlist scheduling,I'm still using the script I'm doing well over 400 hundred scripts now i had cut them down, but they grew in numbers again, they just need to get your windows scheduler script and have fun Automating mmw.

they can check #20 or #22 link in my helpful links page to find more help
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
N6JSX

MM Scheduler

Post by N6JSX »

I've been asking now for over 10yrs for MM to include a 24/7 Scheduler. MM Scheduler could be a compliment to JD Mode or used in a coffee house to play desired music inputting their own .WAV ads as desired. Yes, I'm a Gold MM Lifer. :o

What I'd like to see added is a simple Excel type spreadsheet with seven tabs. Each tab being one day of a week (user definable).
Each sheet starts with PC time at 0000hrs. The next cell is the function then the task cell is the user defined - play-task, a Playlist name, .MP3, .WAV, .WMA file name. Time resolution is only to the PC Clock minute. Time set task is absolute unless a Function is set.
Functions:
* = play complete file then sequence to next time
# = shuffle & repeat (for playlists)
if function is open then a playlist will play in sequence or the file will be truncated if it runs over the next specified time slot.

I see one of my day tab cells as: :D
Time....Function......Task
0000.... ...............ID.WAV
0001....*...............Anthem.MP3 :)
0003.... ...............DaysAnnouncement.WAV
0006....#...............Instrumental Playlist
0500.... ...............Revelie.MP3
0505....#...............Patriotic Playlist
0600....#...............Polka Playlist
0700....#...............Jazz Playlist
1200....*...............Anthem.WAV
1203....#...............Country Playlist
1400....#...............50s Playlist
1500....#...............60s Playlist
1700.... ...............ID.WAV
1701....*...............Taps.MP3
1705....*...............Anchors-a-way.MP3 :lol:
1710....#...............70s Playlist
2000....#...............Featured Album Playlist
2200....#...............Folk Playlist
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I know I repeat myself, but this is commercial request and needs to be treated like that unless someone is really willing to make script like that free.

I know that it can be made as for personal needs I've made similar scripts, even I made simple UI to fill the gap of setting up. I also set that exported excel sheet in .CSV to are imported.
Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Peke wrote:Hi,
I know I repeat myself, but this is commercial request and needs to be treated like that unless someone is really willing to make script like that free.

I know that it can be made as for personal needs I've made similar scripts, even I made simple UI to fill the gap of setting up. I also set that exported excel sheet in .CSV to are imported.
still using your script its going good too. 8) best thing you did for me i think? or one of them. :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yeah, it still works, but one I can't publish is designed to do exactly the thing N6JSX want.
Best regards,
Peke