Req: Playlist Like in a New Window

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

kbsg

Req: Playlist Like in a New Window

Post by kbsg »

Hi,
MM is just great. I have a few feature requests. :lol:

1) "Recently Added" as a child NODE under "Library" parent node.

I want Recently Added to appear as a sub-node under the Library node. I know that we can create an auto-play list to achieve this. But I feel this option will be more accessible to ordinary people and as it can be accessed more easily!

2) Viewing a play list as a 'window':

It will be great if we can see the contents of playlist that we are editing in a window similar to "Now Playing" window. This will be great feature!
You can add a new item under "View" menu named "Playlist Window".

In my opinion it will be much more easy to create playlists in this manner. It is hard to drag files from "Now Playing" or Library, and drop to the Playlist node (when "Location" or some node is expanded it's very hard to goto Playlist node) Instead if playlist was a window, we can simply drag n drop from Library to a Playlist window. No scrolling, no precision etc...

Somehow the "Now Playing" window has no use for me. May be I have got used to WMPlayer 11 too much. Instead of "Now Playing" window(I am not asking to remove Now Playing) a "Playlist" window will be very useful for people who come from WMPlayer background, a lot.

Waiting for your comments people :P
Eyal

Re: Req: Playlist Like in a New Window

Post by Eyal »

Hi and welcome kbsg

For the Recently Added, you can have it with this script from Bex.

For the Playlist in a window, you can do it with this script from MoDementia.
You can also undock the window for easier manipulations.

:D
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
kbsg

Post by kbsg »

Thanks Eyal! It was what I was exactly looking for!!! :lol:
As for the playlist sandbox, it's not exactly feel native :wink: I guess it's an IE page, when ever I keep dropping files, it keeps throwing a warning! Is there something that I can do about it!
Thanks again!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

KBSG:

Try this to make it a little easier to get the tracks dropped in the right place.
MoDementia wrote:Edit ...Scripts\PlaylistSandbox\temporig.html and change

Code: Select all

<div class="album_title" align="center">Drop Tracks Here</div>
to

Code: Select all

<div class="album_title" style="font-size: 200%" align="center">Drop Tracks Here</div>
Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
kbsg

Post by kbsg »

I tried it. But the page interaction warning keeps showing up every time I drop a file.... :(

BTW Nyn, you have Creative X-Fi Zen, right? how does it sound? I am asking about the bass. The Crystalizer is good for high frequencies but the bass sounds too hollow for me. How does your player sound? I have X-Fi Zen 8 Gigs... :wink:
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

kbsg wrote:I tried it. But the page interaction warning keeps showing up every time I drop a file.... :(
You may have to make adjustments to your IE settings, but I am unsure of what they are. I think there is a page in the scripts forum discussing the security settings.
kbsg wrote:BTW Nyn, you have Creative X-Fi Zen, right? how does it sound? I am asking about the bass. The Crystalizer is good for high frequencies but the bass sounds too hollow for me. How does your player sound? I have X-Fi Zen 8 Gigs... :wink:
The bass sounds ok but I usually do not turn it on so not sure about the hollow sound, but it doesn sound better than the Vision M .

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

"ACTIVE X WARNINGS
ActiveX warnings: In Internet Options, Local Intranet zone, enable "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe".
If you are still getting the warning messages - try this:
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This enables the above option in your My Computer zone"
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
kbsg

Post by kbsg »

Dreadlau wrote:"ACTIVE X WARNINGS
ActiveX warnings: In Internet Options, Local Intranet zone, enable "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe".
If you are still getting the warning messages - try this:
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This enables the above option in your My Computer zone"
Thanks Dreadlau! I will try!
nynaevelan wrote:The bass sounds ok but I usually do not turn it on so not sure about the hollow sound, but it doesn sound better than the Vision M .
I too felt the same! The X-Fi is all a myth or a marketing gimmick! My trusty old IRiver sounds a lot better! :D
kbsg

Post by kbsg »

Playlist sandbox is ok but it is not like part of MM. I hope we can see a playlist editor or playlist sandbox as a part of MM3 :( or at least let me know if its possible to play next and previous tracks in the media library window....