Feature for Ipod syncing: Map Album Artist to Artist [#7441]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MediaMonkey should be able to map fields to alternative fields when synchronizing

You may select 1 option

98%
No votes
2%
1%

Total votes: 126

Lowlander

Add ability to map fields in Sync Profile

Post by Lowlander »

I've added the wish to Mantis, but broadened it to be for any device and map any to any field or multiple fields to a field. I think Nohitter151's bug report would probably solve things for iThing users, but doesn't address those with other devices, especially those with poor tagging support.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7441
nemohj

Re: Feature for Ipod syncing: Map Album Artist to Artist [#7

Post by nemohj »

This is exactly what I need! I just need Album Artist assigned to Artist in all tracks when syncing iPod.

Is there any mod that can help me achieve this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

nemohj wrote:Is there any mod that can help me achieve this?
Not on sync.
nemohj

Post by nemohj »

:(

I was hoping, since the thread is so old. Where can I bump the priority on this feature?

It's very logical that you'll want to be able to do this, seeing as all users probably have their Libraries set up very differently (why I moved to MM) and would like to not compromise that setup just to have a working iPod library.
secretsubscriber

update/change tags when syncing to ipod or other player

Post by secretsubscriber »

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to update tags during the sync process for a given external player (ipod, phone, etc..), similar to the auto conversion rules.
When copying tracks to my ipod, I'd like to append the album year to the album name and make Artist = Album Artist for those multi artist tracks.

I've looked and haven't found anything and assume this functionality doesn't exist. Does it? Is it something that's ever been discussed as being a useful feature to others?

Thanks
happy hippo

automatically changing tags when syncing

Post by happy hippo »

i would like to change the album-tag to something like "(<year>) - <original album tag>" only on the synced device. the files in my mediamonkey library should stay the same.

is this possible? all i could find was a post from 2015 which said, it was impossible, maybe that changed in the meantime?

before the suggestion comes up, i know i can achieve similiar things with the "file locations" auto-organize feature, and in fact did so until now, but my new DAP for the first time has its own library set up exactly like i want, minus the sorting by years, and additionally shows me the covers when browsing, which it doesnt do when im browsing the folders.

thanks for your help!
Peke

Re: Feature for Ipod syncing: Map Album Artist to Artist [#7441]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
What DAP you you use and what exact problem in Sorting you observe?

No, direct edit on Apple devices is not possible due the library format and their design.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts