Preset manager for Auto-Organize

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

I would like to be able to save Auto-Organize (Files) presets

You may select 1 option

View results

Lazlo Nibble

Preset manager for Auto-Organize

Post by Lazlo Nibble »

I'd like to be able to save Auto-Organize presets with a name, then select and run them later on. The main mask I use is getting way, WAY out of hand in terms of size (800+ characters) and debuggability (one missed paren means lots of time wasted finding the problem)...but the dropdown isn't a great way to manage multiple versions of it.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added poll
Bex

Re: Preset manager for Auto-Organize

Post by Bex »

Sounds like a nice feature!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Yes, this is a must.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Lazlo Nibble

Post by Lazlo Nibble »

Renewing this request. You can already define preset Auto-Organize rules in Options > Library > Auto-Organize -- just allow us to pick from those rules in the Auto-Organize Files dialog.
HopingForImprovement

Auto-Organize (Ctrl+R) - Preset Type

Post by HopingForImprovement »

Summary: A preset tag type that can be add or remove but is 'permanent' unless it is deleted.

With the current Auto-Organize (Ctrl+R), any change you made to the "Destination" will add 1 more to the list, and this just keep adding, (and) eventually will delete the default ".\<Track#:2> <Title>" ".\<Genre>\<Year>\<Artist> - <Title>", etc.

Any tiny change I made to these setting, for example; ".\<Track#:2> <Title>" > ".\<Track#:2>. <Title>" will add another entry. But since I wasn't happpy with the way it look, I try another type; "".\<Track#:2>_ <Title>", which adds another entry. With very little difference and thus difficult to know which preset does what which is which. Of course the example listed above is small and easy to tell, but with a more difficult, such as "using $if" and "@" it will be more complex.

My idea is such that a list that can be save, like a bookmark or a icon that I am always happy to use for most default auto-organize. When those default does not work, I can edit them, and make a new 'bookmark'/preset, make a new "Destination" without losing my older one.
inpariswithyou

Post by inpariswithyou »

Has there been any progress on this feature? It's something I'd really love -- I think the lack of this is MediaMonkey's one great flaw at the moment.
CoolHand505

Post by CoolHand505 »

Hello,

I would like this feature too, it could be very handy.

I am searching if it's possible with a script. But I kinda do not know where to start… Can someone help me with it?

8)