Syncing

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

tableguy

Syncing

Post by tableguy »

Select All/None in the Playlist section
nohitter151

Re: Syncing

Post by nohitter151 »

Added in 3.1 already.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
tableguy

Post by tableguy »

In sent to Portable Device/Configure Device/Playlists.. where is this option in 3.1.0.1204?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

In the device configuration options under the "Auto-sync list" tab.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jhoff80

Post by jhoff80 »

I know it's slightly unrelated, but I have to ask... WHY must the auto-sync folders be buried within the device options> auto-sync lists context menu?!

I've got a 80GB library and an 8GB device, and I don't like syncing playlists, or random tracks, I like syncing by album. (But even if I wanted to do it by song, this would still apply, as far as I'm concerned). But, in order to select which I want to sync I have to dig into the menus. It would be great if you could add a few things to the program to simplify this for those who use it for syncing.

First, the actual list of songs should have an option for a "Sync?" column that would give a checkbox on whether you want to sync that song as part of auto-sync, pretty much identically to how iTunes' sync checked option works in list view. More importantly, a checkbox next to each folder in the browser column on the far left similar to how the "auto-sync list" works would make things much more convenient for changing the contents of the device often.

I realize that this might make things a little more difficult for those syncing to multiple devices, but maybe you could have an option to have a default device to sync to that those boxes would apply to.

I also know that it's possible to only sync the selected files, but that's an even bigger pain than digging into the menus, because you have to scroll through the entire library, selecting what you want and holding control the whole time, and if you accidentally click without using control, the selection of everything else you were trying to sync just vanishes.

Edit: And also, when in Mass Storage syncing, how come it is showing both D:\ and q9c (D:\) as separate entries? And if I've picked where music is synced to, how come it's showing me the complete folder list as opposed to just the music folder I'm syncing to?