bit rate and file type association

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Drewbie

bit rate and file type association

Post by Drewbie »

I just had this thought that I thought to share that I think would alleviate
so many issues of maintaining a tight and expansive library .... which is our goal right ......

so check this out ...
If you make it so that you choose yer preferred file format and bitrate on install ...
(eg .mp3 and ~160 kbs) then all incoming new scanned files will be automatically
converted to that file format and that bit range .... like we just deal with it and
you need to make a warning of resource use if you choose this option but then
it would be a no brainier to deal with dupes and my lib will stay tight and compac
yet powerful and banging ..... you could also warn/advise people that when choosing this
option they should 'add' /dl files at a bitrate greater or equal to that set to be preferred

set it so wavs and flacs and oggs are converted to .mp3 ~160 kbs and replaced .... then I would never
even worry about dupes .... damn that would be intelligent software and easily done
did i mention u guys rule
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
Drewbie

Re: bit rate and file type association

Post by Drewbie »

again just a thought but that would be super sick
imagine the implications
just convert and replace and maintain on auto
that would be so cool
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
Drewbie

Re: bit rate and file type association

Post by Drewbie »

ohh and obviously any files that initially meet the criteria would be left alone but anything that wasnt would be ....sorry
fer being excited but i think the implications of adding such an option would further distinguish your software as king

really at this point yer best bet is to maximize your dupe analyzing and control which is why specifying at the beginning
would put the burden of loss of fidelity on the user and two, would allow the software more leverage over duplicate files
it is hard to analyze dupes but if bit rate and file type are automatically removed from the equation then life is that much simpler
the software only works hard once for each track because it doesnt have to switch between codecs etc to play that track

its a good idea you should fo it ...just make 'preferred' an option and warn of usage and benefits and provide the succeeding
'cd conversion menu' as if every track is a new cd and just like when importing a cd regardless of the track file type
we choose our file type and bit rate as preferred and when the file is scanned at start up it is forced to comply
of course only if the user checks the box ... but by doing that and getting people to agree than everyone gets the most out
of daily play ..... their is an issue though .....Live albums, remixes, demos, they have the same length and names in most cases
and are therefore hard to isolate. so you would have to add some sort of auto organize mask by default to separate files with the
same album length and artist that are from different sources (this shit is hard ..... damn the correlations and cross referencing of such a
matrice are intense) anyway there has to be some way to distinguish these live , remix, demo tracks from the regular studio tracks
and as such there must be more distortion and background noise in anything that wasnt recorded in a studio and I would check a box
that would separate similar tracks based on equalization and/or basic noise distortion .....

I dont really understand the current dupe algorithms , I mean the title one is obvious but I dont know what you mean by content .
like it says 'content' but what criteria is used ????

anyway It is my opinion that amidst the madness in the world today (which I fully support every revolution) that such intelligent
software that allows us to easily enjoy and maintain our lives is a god send ....music has a profound impact on the soul and MM is with
out a doubt the most powerful software available for delivering this profound life changing experience to the human being.......If
on install of the software the program can by track length , tittle etc remove automatically the most obvious of dupes through auto
conversion that would be awesome ....

does 'track scanning' include equalizer data ??? because that could be of use and again normalizing the track by bit rate and file type would make it easier for the software to notice inconsistencies and realize that the track is indeed the same 'song' but comes from a different recording
and might not need to be deleted or after auto conversion the file has the same equalizer signature and replaces or is replaced based on those initial settings so that dupes are avoided .

I'm sorry I talk alot .... I mean well but it takes time to get out what i want to say

I still cant wait for the day when I can type ... sudo apt-get install mediamonkey
cheers