Podcasting support

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Tripcast Radio

Podcasting support

Post by Tripcast Radio »

I am really enjoying using Media Monkey, and I think it is much better than iTunes.

Saying that, I would *love* to see in-built support for podcasting built in to Media Monkey. You could have a section in the Explorer-type bar for podcasts, than when extended shows each podcast you are subscribed to. When you click it, in the main window it shows you the podcasts you have downloaded

e.g.

+Podcasts
+Tripcast Radio
+bitjobs for the masses
+The Daily Sourcecode
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

This feature is high on the priority list. Hopefully it will be introduced soon . . . as it seems to be a very popular feature these days.
stutes

Post by stutes »

I second the request. Would like it if MM could allow the tags of podcasts to be changed after download, also if it could manage quantity of downloads (delete files after certain date, or after a certain number of downloads).
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Podcast support would be MOST welcome. Hopefully it's not too far away.
SomeDude

Post by SomeDude »

My request as well.
ejp1082

Post by ejp1082 »

I'd like to throw in my vote for this feature as well.
anon coward

me too

Post by anon coward »

I'm a registered mediamonkey user who would like to see podcast support. MM doesn't have replace my podcast client, but I would like to be able to:

- create a playlist of my latest podcasts
- automatically retag podcasts
- sync the lastest files to my mp3 device

From my limited understanding of MM, all this is possible now (2.5), it's just a matter of scripts and procedures.. I don't have time to develop these, but would be more than willing to test/document any that are being development?
autobot.transformer

Post by autobot.transformer »

I second this request.
Podcast support is a necessary feature to get off of iTunes!
bucky

podcast

Post by bucky »

Count me as another vote for podcast capability...thx
bb12

Another vote for podcast

Post by bb12 »

I really like mediamonkey. The lack of podcast support is the only reason that I'm still looking for the "ultimate" music-manager.

Post by Guest »

I want Podcast support too !!!
Thanks..
I.
honestbleeps

Post by honestbleeps »

Just tossing out another "me too!" to the podcast list... I'm assuming that it's generally agreed upon that the meaning of "podcast support" includes being able to enter the URLs of RSS feeds so that podcasts are automatically downloaded.. and if plugged in, automatically sent to the ipod?
anon coward

podcast support

Post by anon coward »

Assume nothing...

I dont' think podcast support means that you have to have an ipod !!!

Please, Mr Developer, assume nothing when it comes to documenting podcast support..

Whenever you're ready to include podcast support, post a specification here and sit back let the battles begin...

(Personnally, I don't mind if MM doesn't do the downloading What I want MM to do is the sorting and automatic uploading to my non-apple player)
honestbleeps

Post by honestbleeps »

oh geez... I didn't mean "support ipod only".. I just said ipod since I have one.

s/ipod/device of choice/g;

relax.
kodenine

MM 24/7

Post by kodenine »

If MM could play podcasts I would never have to leave MM!

+podcasts