MMW DLNA renderer/client as a service

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

hintergrundrauschen

MMW DLNA renderer/client as a service

Post by hintergrundrauschen » Fri May 15, 2015 10:31 am

I'm using MMW not only on my main PC but also on a htpc/media center pc connected to my a/v system. I use this setup regularly as my media server, i.e. MMW runs as a service to provide the dlna media server functionality. Additionaly, it would be nice to use MMW as a renderer/client (connected to my stereo). Right now this seems only possible by turning my TV screen on, getting the remote keyboard and starting up MMW client (or by autostarting MMW with windows startup).

It would be great to configure MMW to provide a dlna renderer as a service only, just like the dlna server service.
Claude

Peke

Re: MMW DLNA renderer/client as a service

Post by Peke » Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 pm

No it is not possible. How would you use MMW renderer for Video Files for example if started only as service?

It is possible to make something similar to what you need, but it is way more complex thay you think in order to retain both remote and local controls.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen » Tue May 19, 2015 10:32 am

Ok I understand. I only thought about music (because I don't always want to switch on/off my tv simply as a screen to login/startup mmw) and assumed that "activating" DMR functionality would be easy :lol:

Initially I though using a small and silent Windows PC would be the best solution to offer both the possibilities of a media server and/or htpc (i.e. remote controlled without interface AND optionally htpc with interface depending on my needs) but that's actually quite complex... :-? (thinking of DMR, remote controlled internet radio, Kodi is fine but requires interface by default, etc.).

I will try to custom create a service from mmw using sc.exe (anyone tried?) or otherwise configure Windows to automatically login and autostart (despite the security issues).
Claude

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue May 19, 2015 10:44 am

You'd only need Windows to not require login and have MM run at startup. From then on you can stream to it from a server.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)