Lost database after missing net connection to music folder

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Martin B.

Lost database after missing net connection to music folder

Post by Martin B. »

Hello, my trouble is if I run mediamonkey and my connection is lost to music folder, which I have on net diskstation, all database get lost while during monitoring is none found. worse is, that all playlist are lost too.
Would be possible to check root music folder before monitoring and not start monitoring if is not accessible?
Thank you
Martin
Lowlander

Re: Lost database after missing net connection to music fold

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey? Does the network share become unavailable during scanning?

If the location itself is unavailable the files shouldn't be removed on scanning. You may want to disable the removal of unavailable items under Tools > Options > Library.
Martin B.

Post by Martin B. »

version 4.1.8, the last. The location is unavaible from start the program. but it even removes all music.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That shouldn't happen.

Are the Playlists lost or the files on the Playlist lost? If the first it sounds like you may have the database on the disconnected location.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

there is an option somewhere to remove items which are no longer available. if your share is offline, it'll clean out items from your collection when it cant find them [which is what the option is for, really]

i'm sure i had this happen once and i'm sure this option was the cause. i'm at work at the moment so can't be more specific sorry :)
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud