Filter out select group of "unsynchronized files" [Updated]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Filter out select group of "unsynchronized files" [Updated]

Post by MMFrLife » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm looking for a way to filter out a select group of "unsynchronized files".

I cleared out a bunch of fields and did an unsynched status check.
For some reason about 7000 of the files didn't synch when making the original change to the tags.
The fields are mostly Track Volume, Album Volume and a few comment, etc.
I tried synching them again (twice) with "synchronize tags", to no avail.

I proceeded to clean the tags and resynch them, again, to no avail.
However, I tried re-encoding a few to same specs (then resynching) and that worked! They are gone from the "unsych" list. Yay....but...
That is way too many to work on consecutively. I would like to isolate them and work on them as a separate project from working on other new
things/changes MM related. When anything new that I've worked on comes up unsynched, I'd like to see only those in the list.

I figured that I can put an "id" inside a field and "collection" them out to work on re-encoding as a separate project. And I could separate them
when I do an unsynch check by clicking on the column that contains the id. I will gladly do this if synch checking the Entire Library takes the
same amount of time regardless of how many problem files there are, but if not, it will be a pain for a while whenever I need to do a synch check
on any "new" changes.

Any suggestions or confirmations on unsynch scan time differentials?
Last edited by MMFrLife on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]

MMFrLife

Re: Way to filter out a select group of "unsynchronized file

Post by MMFrLife » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:30 pm

I've since fixed this and figured out, for the most part, what happened.

A while back I batch cleared a bunch of fields, including Track Volume and Album Volume, before I knew the reset value
for these fields is "-999999" and not "-1" or "100000" (the latter of which I used).
"100000" will work to clear it, but MM only accepts the "-999999" for those fields and will not show as synched
if they contain the others.

The fix was somewhat tedious, but a lot easier (with the help of RegExp F&R :wink: ) than having to re-encode them.

Also, I've discovered that the time it takes to do an unsych check with "many" problem files vs none, appears to be the same (or at least fairly
insignificant if any difference).

[updated request] So ideally, to clarify my request, it would be something like an option to save/separate out the list of any "unsyched files" check.
Where it would still show the unsynched field highlights. After it's saved, a new unsych check would "only" show new unsynched files. It would
change to "new only" if a previous save has occured. It would resume showing all unsynched files if the option is disabled. Again, this is only as an option.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]