Synchronize Playlists, but not always the songs within them

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

FeldmanSkitzoid

Synchronize Playlists, but not always the songs within them

Post by FeldmanSkitzoid »

I use playlists to determine which songs are synchronized to my device, in the Portable Device Sync > Auto-Sync (to Device) settings. However, the only playlists that get saved on my device are the ones I've selected there.

I'd like to have the ability to choose which other playlists get saved to my device, without also synchronizing all the songs listed in them. I assume it would be a new setting under Portable Device Sync > Options > Playlists. For example, I have a "Clean" autoplaylist set up that only lists songs without swearing in them. I don't want to synchronize ALL my clean songs, but I do want a list of all the clean songs that have been synchronized to my device, if I ever need it. I assume that MM would create a static playlist on the device, check which songs have been (or are being) synchronized to the device, and then remove the rest from the static playlist.

I guess an alternative would be to implement Autoplaylists on mobile and allow those to be synchronized. That would probably be more useful to more people, actually.

Thanks for your consideration.